• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help me with my Performance Guitar

Who do you think "K. T" is?

Comment

Trevor,
      Cool guitar, with what looks like the forerunner to the PC1 headstock!

Did you get that guitar from a store on the left side of Granville St (when you have your back to the mountains), somewhere around Davie St? If so, the guitar has been in that store for ages: It was definitely there in April 2004, and I think it was there in April 2003 as well (can you tell when we normally go on holiday yet?!)

Cheers
      ian
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

He was walking down to the Cecil for a quiet beer, when he happened upon it perhaps.

Comment

Wow, that's in great shape. Nice score.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Trevor,
            Cool guitar, with what looks like the forerunner to the PC1 headstock!

Did you get that guitar from a store on the left side of Granville St (when you have your back to the mountains), somewhere around Davie St? If so, the guitar has been in that store for ages: It was definitely there in April 2004, and I think it was there in April 2003 as well (can you tell when we normally go on holiday yet?!)

Cheers
            ian

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is the same store. Maybe that's why he gave me such a deal on it. It had an older price tag on underneath the newer one for $100 more. I think that since it doesn't say "Gibson" of "Fender" the guy had no idea what it was. Neither did anyone else it seems... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Funny tho, I've been in that store before and never seen it.

It's a great player. And I am also wondering about who K.T is. My fiancee figures a female owned the guitar at one time due to the condition and the initials. (I guess monograming a guitar is a chick thing... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              He was walking down to the Cecil for a quiet beer, when he happened upon it perhaps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess more people get to my neck-of-the-woods than I thought!

Next time anyone is coming to town, drop me a line, I'll buy you a beer! (or Pepsi, my favourite... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

Comment

Don't be suprised that people get up to BC...Vancouver's a fantastic placet to visit: We've been there 7 or 8 times and I'd recomend it to anyone.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Don't be suprised that people get up to BC...Vancouver's a fantastic placet to visit: We've been there 7 or 8 times and I'd recomend it to anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not surprised really, but caught off guard that two guys from the UK can point out odd landmarks in a city 10000 miles away. I think it's great here. I can't imagine living anywhere else...

neilli, next time you're here, look me up!

Cheers!

Comment

Trevor,
                    We might be over there in September, depending on our cash situation....(so many guitars to buy!)

A friend of mine from college lives on Broughton St (4 blocks south of Robson) in the west end so we stay with her to get a cheaper holiday! I love Vancouver and the surrounding area and the steaks in Earls are fantastic (especially compared to the crap we get here!) so I may just have to go back there again this year....

Off to check flight prices now!

Comment

My sister lives on Broughton... what a small world!

Trevor

Comment

Working...
                      X