My New GMW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My New GMW

Sweet guitars! Love the blue burst - it's on my wish list.

Comment

Congrads on the recent purchase. I love the Jake's. Did Jakes original White strat have a chromed brass bridge? I only ask because I am going to pursue building a copy of the white Jake and pics that I have found are a little tough to tell on the original guitar.

Jason

Comment

I don't think his had a bridge like the one on this guitar. Check out www.jakeelee.com they have tons of pics on that site and you should be able to find one with a good shot of his guitar.

Jason

Comment

Love the Blue one, wait Love the white one!
          Congrats, those are both killer! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Yea I think the White one had a bridge more similar to Fender type but with different saddles.
            Great guitars once again!!
            I love Jake and he rules!!
            [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I've looked on that site and the best I could tell is that it had chrome saddles and maybe a black or dirty brass baseplate. They had limited color photo's and most aren't too good on the quality side. It's for sure the same style of bridge, being high mass.

Jason

Comment

Awesome!! Jakes kick ass! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

For anyone that wants to know, I found some great pics of the white Jake in an old Guitar Player. The bridge is black. The baseplate is black and the saddles have been worn thru to chrome under the black powdercoat. Not sure if it's brass under the chrome or not however. Cheers, Jason

Comment

Working...
                  X