Squier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Squier

My first guitar (on round 3 of learning to play) was a black Squier Tele with white pickguard and maple neck. It was a Japanese Squier and a great guitar. It went through many iterations, and ended up with a Charvel style Strat neck that I bought from Veneman's and EMGs on it. I sold it to a friend, who has since moved away. I really ought to see about getting it back, it was such as nice guitar. Would be great to have "the one" back that I actually began to learn on.

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

MIJ Squires were the best the korean one weren't as good. Early were MIJ and were OK but a beginner model for sure.

Comment

I was trying to say early bullets were MIJ . Sorry.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          There's Squire, and there's Bullet. Two different things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man, you're dissin my 1st electric! (sniff, sniff...breaks out the dejected crying emoticon...) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

No need to worry about me going to the poor house trying to rebuild my old memories...that MIJ Squier Bullet is less than $100. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Anyway, from doing a google search, it looks like the MIJ Squier 1 Bullets are decently regarded. So there, Chuck!!! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I've never played a good one. Then again, all that I have played have been new, so that's got a lot to do with it.

A bit of a horror story from Squier though. I bought one from the friend. An unusual guitar too, for a Squier anyway. It was a seven string, reversed headstock (fenderlike, not pointy) and had a licensed floyd rose trem. I pushed the tremolo arm to the body and the whole arm broke off. There bits of broken plastic laying around where it had broken off from. Musician's Friend was really good about it though, they gave me a full refund (except shipping, as implied).

Comment

Working...
            X