Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Arrival - enjoy the torture

Newc...you're killin' me, bro.

And I'm glad a JCFer scored the gatorburst...that's definitely one of the finest GMPs ever. Absolutely gorgeous.

And that case? Wow. All I can say is Cranky's pants are tight.

Comment

Awesome! That's my favorite GMP ever! I was gassing for one, but since they're gone now I'll have to come steal it, before you torture her!
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Newc, I love it. That guitar screams for double creams. But please don't mod it otherwise! They stopped production, bro. GMP is kaput. No more.

Comment

Holy shit, that is the nicest color GMP I have ever seen. Reminds me of something else. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

More Damn-nation

Just got this yesterday on the way to work:

Look familiar? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Yup, that's YetAnotherOne's Jazz'R - we struck a great deal where he gets the GMP and I get the Jazz'R [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: More Damn-nation

Congrats, Newc, congrats YAO! I love when bruthas work together to get what they want!

By the way, Newc, what didja think of the Pawnshop? Gonna post a mini-review?

Comment

That's a heck of a trade there! And, I'm sure you both will be freakin' happy. Those are both killer guitars!

Comment

Newc had been after that Jazz'R since the day I got it and when I scored my second Roxie in the GMP factory auction I decided that my fetish for full-sized chambered singlecuts was probably about covered. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Out of respect for GMP fans, I won't post a review of the Gatorburst [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Seriously, I didn't see what all the fuss was about. I didn't find it to be astoundingly better than the Jacksons I have or my Les Paul. It's pretty, but I got no "mojo" or "vibe" off of it. Maybe I just haven't found "my" model yet, but I'm just not feeling GMPs.

The Jazz'R, on the other hand, I can definitely feel. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    Maybe it's just Brand Loyalty corrupting my perception? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

nah,

i borrowed a pawnshop from yogadork for a couple of weeks, and it was a pretty guitar, but the neck profile (wide and thin) was not for me. it was VERY well made, and sounded great, but the neck wasn't for ol' sully.
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

The neck wasn't too bad IMO - felt a lot like my NASL, which I love.
                        Not too fond of the "flat-arched" body top though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It's definitely a nice guitar - pretty, well-made, excellent playability, great acoustic tone, but just not a "WOWEE WOW WOW!" type of thing that most GMP fans around here have been making them out to be [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Maybe it's just the idea of some old Charvel emloyees building them in San Dimas?

Maybe San Dimas is cursed for guitar builders, since GMP has recently bit the dust? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          It's definitely a nice guitar - pretty, well-made, excellent playability, great acoustic tone, but just not a "WOWEE WOW WOW!" type of thing that most GMP fans around here have been making them out to be [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The GMP saw your Halford warrior and collection of Krylon and turned it's mojo off, praying for its salvation in a quick trade or re sale [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I told ya Newc, I had Junior's ship the mojo capacitor directly to me. Couldn't take any chances with your possibly getting attached to the guitar while it was in TN so I figured that removing all of the mojo well before it landed in your hands was the way to go. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But in all seriousness I've never laid hands on a Pawn Shop but I wanted to pick one up before all of the interesting GMPs vanish. It was the Roxie I bought a few months back that pried the Jazz'R loose. They're similar enough that they're redundant; I was just waiting for the right 2-hum Roxie to come along before turning the Jazz'R loose. You guys probably remember my picking apart the tiki Roxie when it arrived (minor flaws: pinpoint sized paint bubble along treble side of neck/body joint, 1-2mm gaps in filler around a couple of inlays, a little crud from the mfg. process left over next to a couple of the frets, very good but not perfect alignment of all inlays w/in their routes, failure to paint the entire interior of the body w/conductive paint). That one was numbered in the early 500s, the new one is number in the mid 1000s and is as close to perfect in terms of build quality as any new guitar I’ve ever seen. I’m literally still looking for the first flaw.

Build quality is nice but for me it was the neck that sold me on the brand. That’s a highly personal choice and I can certainly believe that lots of Jackson fans might not share my enthusiasm for GMP necks but to me they’re the most comfortable things I’ve ever laid hands on in well over 20 years of playing. I also generally prefer larger heavier body styles, something else a lot of Jackson fans might not appreciate about some of the GMP designs. Coupled with the excellent build quality, this pretty much made GMPs the perfect guitars for me. I was very disappointed to hear that they’d met an untimely end and had to move a little more quickly than I had intended to ensure that I’d be able to snag a few cool examples while they were still readily available. I still dig Jacksons as well, they’re just very different animals than GMPs.
                            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The GMP saw your Halford warrior and collection of Krylon and turned it's mojo off, praying for its salvation in a quick trade or re sale [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

But I have a can of Krylon MOJO-Restore. It didn't work - wasted a whole can [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

YAO - I can definitely relate to the individual preference thing (seen the Halford? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) and I can DEFINITELY relate to the lack of larger Jackson bodies [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              Big Red fits me, a KV is too small [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              If JCF01 wasn't white, it'd look too small for me, but that black PCS RR sure did seem tiny [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, hopefully Jackson will wise up and bring back the Jazz'R body as a more traditional solidbody or archtop solid so us big fellas will have a big guitar and all those Hair Metal pipsqueaks can dance around with their mini-Strats [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes, yes, listen to Newc. GMPs have absolutely no mojo at all. Pretty to look at, nice build quality, but they're awful guitars. You'd all hate them! Whatever you do don't waste your hard earned money on one! Nothing to see here folks, move along, move along. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X