anyone here tried a EMG H4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here tried a EMG H4?

is this what EMG says it is? a passive equal to the mighty 81?
    here from the EMG site

EMG-H4

The H4 is the equivalent of EMG's 81 Active Pickup without the "Active". It uses two bar-loaded coils for that "Balls to the Walls" tone. The EMG-H4 pickup has become the bridge pickup of choice for the ESP Guitar Company. All HZ Pickups have EMG's exclusive 5-wire quik-connect output allowing any number of wiring combinations, and are fully shielded for a minimum of noise. String grounding is recommended to further decrease noise.
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Re: anyone here tried a EMG H4?

really similar but alot cleaner on your clean stuff due to the passive tonal quailitys I think . the heavy sounds you can get out of em are just like the 81's even the harmonics . but I think over all a h3 and a h4 in the bridge would be cool or just the h3 set they cut through the mix a bit more live //Steve

Comment

I have another question . How do the H4s or H3s sound compared to a duncan distortion?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I have another question . How do the H4s or H3s sound compared to a duncan distortion?

[/ QUOTE ]
        from what i have heard so far they H4 is better than the DD?
        has a better tonal balance and more omphh
        If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

Working...
        X