Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird ESP signature models (lots of pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird ESP signature models (lots of pics)

I was poking around the Japanese ESP site, and they have a ton of really weird looking signature models for Japanese artists.

Carved angel thing. These are made to order and they say it can take up to a year for you to get it. They look totally impractical, but the first one is really pretty, I think.

Kind of a cross between Lynch's baritone model and Prince's curly guitar:

Just an RR copy, but neat finish. The color palette is similar to Vai's UVMC swirl.

Yuck:

Another Prince-looking thing:

Goofy:

The prices on these things is completely out of control. The cheapest ones are the RR and the pointy silver one, which are $4500 each.

The angel guitar is $25000, which I guess I can understand, but holy hell, how are any of those other things $5000+ guitars? It seems unrelated to the body shape or finish, because they have some other sig models which are just Tele or Les Paul copies and those are $5000+ too. WTF.

Re: Weird ESP signature models (lots of pics)

The Angels look like they should be over someone's casket.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Guitars seem to be fairly expensive over there...........

Comment

I've always had a weak spot for that very first Angel, that is just a piece of art, regardless of the pricetag!
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

i totally agree. those angel guitar are works of art. to me that aspect alone makes them worth 25000. the carving work on those is gorgeous.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

No joke on that RR-Copy I for a second thought that Vai had switched to Jackson [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I've actually played some of these in Japan. ESP Japan puts out some very nice stuff. Their vintage-copy guitars are especially cool. My favorite signature models are the Sex Machineguns guitars. Those are sweet.

Comment

i still want a Kai Hansen signature model, even though it's just a pink rhoads copy.
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I see you've found the Glen Benton Signature model...

My personal favorite is the ugly big ass guitar that has the sword sheathed in it.

Comment

For some strange reason, I like this one! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

BTW, what the hell happened to the Roope Latvala signature Star with the Explorer/banana headstock? That was a cool one, but it doesn't seem to be on the site any more. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I see you've found the Glen Benton Signature model...

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Yeah, but the angels need to have upside crosses burned into their foreheads! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

that rr/jem is just WRONG

Comment

For me, eccentric shapes are silly (well, that's more or less relative - let's say that anything that's not traditional is eccentric - what goes for this formulation). Not to hurt anybody - that angel is a piece of the art, I must admit. But it's more of a decoration for me.

I always look for the functionality when dealing with a guitar. And so I noticed that Strat shaped guitar has the best for me, and, above it all, I like it more than any other guitar shape.

I know, there are people that like these shapes. I respect that. The market is big enough for every one of us. But anyway, that's just not for me.

I had my friend's RR in repair for a couple of days. From that experience onward I won't be getting an RR ever in my life. Too much knocked over things in room. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, but to me this SCREAMS Dime Ripoff [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Ya think?
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X