No announcement yet.

Jay Turser GT200 DLX Les Paul copy.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Turser GT200 DLX Les Paul copy.....

I have a sneaking suspicion that my brother in law bought this axe for me. It has the natural finish and gold hardware with block inlays and black binding. My bro-in-law lives in a tiny little town in the midwest and they have a small shop there. I got to try it unplugged and liked it. It had a good weight and feel and the setup was pretty damn good too. I don't care what it is that my brother in law got me, it's just an honor that he thinks that highly of me to buy me a guitar. He realy looks up to me and when we get together it's non stop fun and laughter. He's a damn good guy.

My question is this, other than the 4 reviews I read on it on www.harmonycentral.com that gave it high ratings to say the least except for one, have any of you guys had any experience or own a Jay Turser set neck LP style guitar and how do you like it. Like I said, for free I can't complain at all.

Re: Jay Turser GT200 DLX Les Paul copy.....

Hey Jon,
    I owned one of the 335 copies along time ago. The setup was great and it played pretty damn well also.
    The problem was the asian mystery wood they used. After about a year the neck started twisting so bad I had to basically throw it away.

Comment

Bummer. This one has a mahogony body, maple top and maple neck w/ rosewood board. I got to see it and play it so I know this to be true. Hell, even if it goes to hell on me I can hang it on the wall. After all, my favorite in law gave it to me. It will be special no matter what. I'm so sentimental...........

Comment

I have a Jay Turser LP via ebay, beautiful flame purple body, gold hardware....suitable for wall hanging as it too has a twisted neck.

Comment

Aren't these made in China? Beware commie manufacture [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
          X