Les Paul Floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Les Paul Floyd

MountainDog - That is really cool also . Mine is a Les Paul Custom Lite also . Hardware + routes are identical .
    I like Metalcops better than my own as it has the thicker body and the 4 control knobs .
    Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

I used an R3 nut, as it was what I had available. The R3 is the same size as the R4, just the string spacing is slightly different on the R4, to accomodate necks with binding.

I definitely don't agree that Floyd-ing 'ruins' the guitar. The tone is different than what you are used to with a Les Paul, but it is a very good tone, due in part to the Floyds incredible sustain, and the super thick mahogany body with the carved maple top.

To answer a previous question, the Floyd sits approximately 6mm off of the face of the guitar - measuring from the guitar face to the bottom of the Floyd 'plate'.

As a side note, I am not against recessed Floyds or being able to use the trem both up and down. What I can't live with is the lack of room between the strings and the pickups when the Floyd is recessed. There simply isn't enough room to play and dig in, as I learned on non-recessed Floyd guitars. But that is for my playing style, some people just love them. I am a big proponent of removing as little wood as possible from a guitar. You can tell that Mountaindogs guitar was one of the early recess jobs, as it clearly isn't necessary, the Floyd doesn't sit down within the recess at all. Gibson didn't change their neck angle, apparently, on this run of Super Lites. A lot of the first 'recessed' Jacksons looked just like it. The recess did allow you to pull back more, but the actual trem was not 'recessed' into the cavity. Very cool guitar, at any rate!

Comment

Man, I'd beat my meat to that guit fiddle.

Comment

Working...
        X