Ibanez PRestige RGT3120TDB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez PRestige RGT3120TDB

I just played one for around 1 hour. 2002 model loaded with Dimarzio PAF Pro's in neck and bridge. 5 way super switch, Low Pro, Mohagony body with flamed maple cap, neck thru, fully bound, jumbo 24 frets, impeccable set up, action, playability and fit and finish was perfect. Trans brown mohagony body with a thick incredible flame maple top. Just stunning. They list with the UV 1000 case for around $2200.00. Sam Ash is selling them without the case new for $1299.00. My buddy just bought a used one in PERFECT condition for $990.00. This is the one I played. It is one of the finest chunks of wood I have ever played. These models don't have the Wizard thin necks. They are similar IMHO to a Soloist neck. Any opinions? Here is a link to the EXACT guitar I had the pleasure to play. Ibanez Prestige

Re: Ibanez PRestige RGT3120TDB

they do look great and I love the Edge Pro trem on the newer ones. So hard to justify the expense though when you look at a US made guitar. However, Id be curious to know how these are built, and how they feel. I wish I could stick an Edge Pro on a Floyd equipped guitar [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (I just like how low the profile is, just like a traditional bridge)

Comment

That thing is nice! I am one of the few here that actually like Ibanez. I just picked up my 2nd RG750 for 150.00 out the door. Man I love Guitar Center. The first one cost me 210.00 from the same place. Both guitars set up pefect in minutes and I haven't needed to make any adjustments since! That's alot more than I can say for most of my "Big money" guitars. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I like Ibanez as well, and the RGT3120 is IMO the most beautiful guitar they ever made. I'd really like to have one some day. What I really don't get is the line about the made in USA guitars. Honestly, I wonder whether there is a difference in a well built japanese guitar or USA guitar qualitywise. I cannot imagine that americans are better skilled luthiers than someone from Japan and labour in Japan is not really cheaper than in the USA, at least not as far as I know.
        besides: ESP is japanese as well and these guitars are really well built as well, which is an indication there is some truth in my statement.

Harrald

Comment

Beautiful guitar.

Every company makes good guitars and crap guitars.

Comment

Oh yea??? What about Synsonics? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The purple guitar just forced me to change my boxers! That's one purdy beast!

I'm not familiar with Ibanez, but isn't the Prestige the top of the line? I've seen a Jap Custom Shop ESPee and the workmanship was superb. I would have to assume the same goes for Ibanez. Personally, I think the Japanese have gotten a bad rap. Sure, they've built some shit, but guess what, so has the US.
              "POOP"

Comment

Working...
              X