Favorite nylon string guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite nylon string guitars

well, I know most of you are metal players too the bone(like me), but everyone has to do at least a little other stuff. What kind of nylon string guitars do you guys like? I got and alvarez yairi for 1000 bucks in fairbanks alaska(where I used to live). Normally the model I got goes for at least 1300, but no one plays a nylon string in fairbanks, so I got a great deal on it.

Re: Favorite nylon string guitars

I've always wanted to try the Parker Spanish Fly. It looks great..........

Comment

The Carvin CL450 is the nicest one I have ever played. O have a pretty smoking Ibanez but it is low end.

Comment

i played a multiac (godin) and i thought it would be really cool, but it needed some adjusting. i liked those because i have trouble with the large depth of acoustics, they are very uncomfortably for me to play.

Comment

I really like my La Patrie Etude..... Best bang for the buck IMO. Hand made in Canada and overall just a really nice nylon string guitar.

Comment

I'm GAS'ing for one of the pricier Alhambra models...spanish handmade. Haven't tried a lot of different ones but Alhambra are really playable and sounds great.

Comment

I really dig Ruck. On the (much, much) lower end of the range, La Patrie is hard to beat. The Etude is my primary recommendation to my classical students.

Comment

I'm going to school for classical guitar next year, and I may get enough scholarships to allow my funding of a real nice nylon string. by real nice that means around 3 grand, damn nylon strings are so expensive.

Comment

Ya want a really cool inexpensive (and most bang for the buck) classical?...check out the Aria Sinsonido nylon string. I have one...I think they are awesome, and VERY inexpensive! They take a little getting used to visually, but you get used to the feel very quickly.

Comment

This is mine:

1978 Ovation 1624 (see sig) that I bought a couple years ago for $500. Excellent condition, has the regular width neck (1 7/8, I believe) so it's easier to switch back and forth from my electrics. I've been very happy with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X