Killer guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killer guitars

im thinking about buying a Killer Starrion (was about to right now, but i found out its flash red and not sunshine orange) and was wondering if anyone here has played one of these. the starrion seems to be a nice model as it has the OFR as opposed to the licensed trem and nicer pickups, althogh its much cheaper than the takasaki sig models with nicer necks/construction. it also has the thin u shape neck, which is my main reason to pick the starrion over any other models. any input guys? i might purchase anyway as its a good deal, there is also another model with a scalloped fretboard (not factory) as well.

chris

Re: Killer guitars

I think Newc had similar one.

I had a Scary(dinky shape body with HSH Configuration) and the neck was V shape and had smaller frets.

Comment

yeah i like the scary a lot as well, but its pretty expensive. i would perfer 24 frets, but you gotta love the star style shape. how did the scary play, as it seems weird it would have smaller frets, it seems so metal oriented.

chris

Comment

wait, i just looked at the site and as i thought, it lists the scary as a thin u shape as well (reason i was interested in one). is there a possibility you had a different model? still interested in how it played, build quality, solid feel, etc. anything you would compare it to?

chris

Comment

No idea.
          It was V shape neck.
          I remember because of that and it was bit uncomfortable to play and maybe it was also shorter scale like Gibson.
          I am not sure about that one though..
          It felt like that way.

The Floyd was set VERY low and also the pickup rings were mounted lower.
          So the strings were very close to the body.

I also have tried a Killer Akira model in Natural color with Single coil in the neck position.
          It played and sounded GREAT!
          One of these that neck goes under the neck pickup.
          That was about 12-13 years ago at ESP shop in L.A. someone had it for sale.

Something about Killer is the pickups are great.
          I love them better than Duncans.

Comment

man thats really cool to hear, i like the neck pocket designs on the takasaki models but wish i could feel that assymetrical neck shape. i need to go over to japan and try them all out i guess!

chris

Comment

Well I was planning to get a Starrion upon coming to Japan but I abandoned it in favor of a Jackson Stars semi-custom..

I did try one of the lower Killer models, the Pirates, but it kind of sucked.
              I've been wanting to sit down and try a starrion but I haven't found any shops that usually carry them. Saw a used one in an Ishibashi store once but didn't have time to play it that day... maybe if it's still there when I get back, I'll give it a shot.

Comment

theres a sweet facist right now with a killer birdseye neck and weird graphic that was some guy's sig model from the eary 90's for a little over a grand. it has the ofr and super deep neck joint and im almost tempted to buy it, aside from the mostly purple paint and some guys signature i dont know on it.

chris

Comment

That should be great!
                  If you could have it fro $1000 or so, is a great deal.
                  The retail should be around $2200 and even in Japan,used one will cost over a grand.
                  I wanted one of these when I had money.
                  [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

They are equiped with R2 nut right?

Comment

I believe yes.

Comment

Working...
                      X