Gibson (style) Flying V owners: Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson (style) Flying V owners: Question

Dumb question here, but this is my first traditional V shape (I've had RRs in the past). I just got this ESP factory made Schenker V from Japan and this thing is shockinly light! So light that I'm asking this question: are all Gibby style Vs this light? I haven't weighed it with a scale but this feels like 7lbs. Compared to all my others it is a feather. It's supposed to be mahogany which I know is a light wood, but this light? Are Gibson's this light? Gibson/Ibanez/Hamer owners what do you think? This is so light it's freaking me out! I have never held another V beyond my RR so I have no comparison.
    Thanks,
    JK

Re: Gibson (style) Flying V owners: Question

My '81 Gibson V is super light bro.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

7 lbs. is just about right! Enjoy!
      "POOP"

Comment

Mahogany can vary alot in its weight.

Comment

Yeah, my Gibson V was a LOT lighter than I expected it to be, but they are very different beasts. The neck was also slimmer. I was pleasently suprised on both counts.

Comment

This one is 1 5/8" - taking a bit of getting used to coupled with the weight.

Comment

I have a Gibson 93 V that is nice & light. It's just another feature that makes these guitars so awesome.

-Mark

Comment

I don't own one, but the Hamer Korina Vector I played at the store was ridiculously light.

Comment

Alright - I won't be so paranoid. I think the fact that it was coming from Japan, was an ESP (a first for me), and so stupid light that I was starting to second guess things. Thanks for your input all!
                  JK

Comment

pics???

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I have a Gibson 93 V that is nice & light. It's just another feature that makes these guitars so awesome.

-Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

I have one identical to that (1980 model) and yes, it's VERY light!

Comment

Working...
                      X