Hamer guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamer guitars

I ran into Hamer's web site and they have a list of "firsts" they accomplished..
    I read they did graphics and Floyds before anyone..
    I thought Kramer did the Floyd thing first and Charvel did the graphic first?

Re: Hamer guitars

Well since Macaferri and others did graphics 100 years ago, I'd say, like all manufacturer websites, they claim what they figure they can get away with......

Comment

don't those sears cowboy guitars with the horses and stuff on them from the 50's count as graphics?

Comment

I'm pretty sure it means graphics and Floyds on production models.

Comment

Hmm I thought Kramer was said to be the ones who were the first to do floyds.
          Ah well it doesn't matter much..

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I'm pretty sure it means graphics and Floyds on production models.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the Cowboy guitars from the 50s were all production models, and you had the option of which graphic you wanted..........So production or option they were before Hamer, and Macaferri were before them, and most likley there was someone before them. Some manufacturers claim they were the first to do a bunch of stuff, but its always just marketing. Remember when Chrysler ran ads saying they were the ones that invented the mini van? They were the first North American publically traded corporation to mass produce a minivan and call it that. But there were minivans before them.............

Comment

I have a Hamer Californian. Not a bad guitar at all.

Does not have the feel of my PC1 but then nothing does. Since I am a bolt on guy I like the Californian as well as say a Jackson Soloist.

Neck is great, 27 frets. I would say all in all a little bit less quality than Jackson but a great back up. I have EMG's so I dont know how it would sound with passive pups.

Paid $500 for it and I think it was worth the price.
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Californians sound great with passive pickups. I've got a Distortion/Cool Rails in mine. Very sweet axe.

Comment

Where's a good place to score a used USA Californian (other than the obvious - eBay)? I still regret giving my Korean model away years ago, and I'd like to rekindle the flame with a USA version this time.

Comment

ya know, I wonder why you don't see more people playing Hamers.. I don't think I ever played or heard of a crappy Hamer.. Even when GC was selling those Korean PRS knock-offs, I was blown away by what you got for $350..
                    Those are totally bomb-ass guitars for the $$$...

Comment

yes sir they are. my import Vector is the guitar i start every show with. looks great, sounds great, plays great, stays in tune...all i changed was the pickups. took out the duncan designed and put a custom custom in the bridge and a 59 in the neck. if i wasn't egon-maniacal and needed to show off a lot of guitars on stage, i'd easily play that V for everything that didn't require a wanker bar.
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I've got 5 of the US Hamers, myself. I absolutely love them. I really can't believe that they aren't more popular than they are. But I wouldn't sacrifice Hamer's quality for Gibson's popularity, not any day of the week.

Comment

Working...
                        X