cheap strat/tele copies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap strat/tele copies?

Since I am jobless, I have a bug up my butt that I need a new guitar to play with-you know, to experiment on when I am awake at 4am. Can anyone recommend a decent manufacturer of strat or tele copies-something along the lines of the squiers, yo kramers, samicks, yamahas, washburn Lyons, etc.I know it is easy to find them, but does anyone know of one that is actually a decent guitar? My only condition is that it must not have the crappy covered tuners. It must have the sealed gotoh-type tuners. Thanks fellas!

Re: cheap strat/tele copies?

My SX Tele is great. It's got a usual fat neck, but also a 12" radius fingerboard and jumbo frets, so it's not a typical Tele, but i think these features just add to playability. Big, thick alder body.

The pickups sound surprisingly good, too, especially the bridge with some distortion. A little noisy if you stand right on top of a TV or computer monitor, otherwise fine.

It's $109.99 at Rondo http://www.rondomusic.net/stl50.html

Comment

I saw those-how's the playability? decent fretwork? I know I can't expect perfection, but something that buzzes all over and needs a leveling I can do without. How about explorer copies? I like those too...

Comment

Fretwork's good, very playable. One thing though, to avoid sharp fret edges, I think they beveled the frets away from the edge of the freboard almost a little *too* far. You gotta have a light and careful touch when playing the 1st and 6th strings, or you'll run out of fret, heh. That's the only nitpick I have with the guitar, everything else on mine is either very good or great.

Comment

I'd go with a Squier. There are some excellent Strats and Teles for under $200. Plus you can walk into GC and play a dozen of them until you find one you like.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

check with this guy in Jersey.. he does nice bare bones parts stuff relatively cheap
            heard nothing but good things about him

http://208.56.238.182/

Comment

Working...
            X