Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody remember the Peavey Razer / Razor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody remember the Peavey Razer / Razor?

Weird looking wedge thing. USA, I think. My cousin had one in the early 80s - it was the first real electric I ever played. Well, that I ever tried to play.

Just having flashbacks, I suppose.

Keith
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Re: Anybody remember the Peavey Razer / Razor?

Those are some bad flashbacks youre having...............

Comment

Yeah, they had a few weird ones. The Razor, Mystic, Mantis, and one other one I think.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I saw a Razer on Ebay the other week; too bizarre. I do have a Vortex 2 though, which is their Rhoads copy. Bolt neck, but with machine scerews and bushings, synthetic ebony looking fretboard, and Kahler flatmount standard trem. Really quite a nice guitar for the cheap money they go for used.

The Razer, Mystic and Mantis though... they just don't do it for me. Some of the Tracers
        were nice though, Peavey's Model Series in a way.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I saw a Razer on Ebay the other week; too bizarre.

[/ QUOTE ]

The white stringthrough one that nobody bid on? I've been trying to get him to sell it to me for nothing. The one I played before was black, and it wasn't stringthrough (and never stayed in tune).
          The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Man, the only Peavey guitars I ever liked were the Mantis and the Wolfgang.

I always associated Peavey with Jazz Band at the middle school and the T-15 guitar. But I loved their logo!

That's sad cause I know they're rock solid amps, and a lot of the new ones have great reputations and sound pretty killer.
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I don't know. I've got a Mystic that I upgraded the hardware, electronics, and pickups on as a project..and I really like it. It plays well sitting or standing. I have yet to have any one play it and not like it. http://home.houston.rr.com/target/000_0194.JPG
              The Buzzard does not fear
              The man in riot gear
              Harvest a skull of stone
              The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Working...
              X