JB in my LP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB in my LP

Im thinking of getting a duncan JB (with the crome cover) for my Gibo lp for a bit more output and bite. Tone charts looks good and I like duncan p/us but has anyone tryed this and have opinons. The JB is also coil taped, so has anyone taped the coil and just ran the singal in the bridge on its own cos that how Im goin to wire it...

Re: JB in my LP

no dont run it as a single just use a push pull pot & coil tap it that way. as for JBs they sound great in some guitars shitty in others. my hamerV & wayne sound awesome with it, my bich10, charvel mo6 & jackson soloist sounded like ass with the JB.

Comment

yeah man thats how Im goin to wire it...

Rar!

Comment

In a few days, when my LP arrives, I'll be able to judge what a bridge JB sounds like in that guitar... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

What kind of music do you play? I have a jb in one of my LPs. Good sounding, but just kinda flat. Good for a cover band, but for metal, my EMG equipped LP is much better.
          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

EMG equiped LPs rule!!!! That said, I would think that a JB might sound good in a LP (and I agree that it is overkill in a soloist). I think the mahagony may counter the JB a little to end up with a cool result.

Keep us posted!
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

EMGs rule in my all mahogany LP... got a black 85 in the bridge and chrome 81 25th anniversary model in the neck! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I had two chrome 81s in my old Hamer, but the bridge pup was a little bright, but definitely warmer than the JB that was in it originally (and that guitar was a mahogany neck/body with a 3/8" maple top). The JB was sweet sounding in the high mids and treble, but it lacked bass balls! To me, the JB is kinda overrated. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] Now, a 7-string version of the JB might be cool. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have a schecter with a jb, awesom playing guitar, sounds dull. I have a fender showmaster with a pearly gate's, sounds alive. I don't know if it is wood, pick-up combination are not but I won't buy jb because of the schecter.

Comment

I had a JB in my Epi LP and I didn't like it-really screachy and shrill. I also had a screamin demon in it and it sounded great-just not enough output. I slapped a Custom in there the other weke and it sounds great. Then, I put a JB in my Fusion special and liked the sound of it.

Comment

If you want something with the definition of a JB, but with better bass and punch, may I suggest the SD Distortion, they are great for all kinds of metal. If active, try the EMG 89, an 85 that splits. Jack.

Comment

Alright, I'm back. Thread resurrection. The gold-covered JB in my LP sounds pretty damn sweet. Fat, crunchy, great for searing bridge pickup leads, and harmonics galore! The Seymour Duncan website wasn't kidding when they mentioned the harmonics! I had the Duncan Designed HB102 (JB) in my old Jackson KE3 and it was my best sounding guitar before my LP. Something about that pickup just sounds so alive and responsive to my picking, especially with regards to harmonics jumping all over the place.

Yeah, I'm just one person blown away by the JB in a huge sea of JB-haters. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I had my doubts, but for whatever reason, the JB sounds great in my LP and old KE3. I MIGHT try a Duncan Custom somewhere down the line, but definitely not right now. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I had a JB in my LPC and it was AWESOME.
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

the JB in my Schecter C-1 Classic (all mahogany with quilted maple veneer) sounds awesome... stands to reason that it would probably sound good in an LP too.

Comment

I liked the Duncan Distortion over the JB in a Les Paul -- and I'm one of those people who like JB's. One pickup I really would have liked to put into a LP is the Full Shred. I've had that in a number of guitars, and liked it in everything I had it in.

Comment

hmm I'm gonna install a JB in an all mahogany neck thru body BC Rich warlock i built, it's got an ebony fretbord as well, I bought this pickup a couple years ago, but i have read so much about the JB sounding great in some guitars and shitty in others...I downtune to B, and i play metal...so what can you guys tell me? oh, and about the Duncan Distortion, 100% agreed, that pickup has got definition, great output, and a nice low end thump, I love it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X