No announcement yet.

Schecter Guitars-->love em or hate em?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schecter Guitars-->love em or hate em?

I've been telling people to look at these for years, and here I am looking at these......

I'm thinking about picking up a 006 Elite/blackjack or a C-1 elite/blackjack/hellraiser. they have AWESOME features (neck-thru/set-neck, tone pros, mahogany bodies, string through) for a rhythm player like me, because despite anything else I do I AM A RHYTHM PLAYER FIRST AND FOREMOST!

just wanna know some opinions, has anyone had one of these/hated one of these.

I'm looking for the "work-horse" guitar here, least amount of f-ing around, and maybe something I could play more than my CS Kelly which is starting to get some dings. I don't mind the dings so much 'cause I'm buying these things to play, not to show off how purty they are [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

any input is appreciated!

thanx

p.s.--> This MIGHT be the guitar that the APC's go in, so forget about the pickups for the most part

I've also been looking at some ESP's (viper standard/MII standard), but I'm attempting to stay away from Floyds

Re: Schecter Guitars-->love em or hate em?

The couple of C-1 Elites I played and the one a friend owned were top notch. As you noted, amazing features for the price. Definitely one of the best deals out there in the import market.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I think they're great for the money.

Comment

Damn,now they have the new 7string from the hellraiser serie....I want it so bad!

Comment

My C-1 Elite is great! I love the neck and with the new sculpted heel they have even better access than mine. If you are shopping in that price range I highly recommend them!

Comment

I prefer the C-1 Classic, myself, but I've played various setneck C-1 models in stores, and they seem like pretty nice guitars. I owned an A-7 Elite neckthru 7-string, and that was a very nice guitar, though the oddball 'Avenger' shape wasn't very comfortable to play. Still kinda kick myself for getting rid of that one.

Comment

Love them!! Fantastic workhorse guitar for low money.

Comment

My C-1 Elite has the most comfortable neck I've ever played. If I ever get a Jackson CS made, I want the neck dimensions copied from it.
                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

I have the XXX (striper girl inlay one) and the Papa Roach, and agree with everyone about Schecters being great playing guitars for the money...however...I'll throw you a curve and recommend looking into the new PRS Billy Martin SE. I just got one ($525) and it plays, feels, sounds awesome. Mahogony body/neck, PRS stop tail (perfect intonation by the way), great pickups. I liked it so much, I actually played this more at our gig last Saturday than I did my recently purchased late '80's USA jackson strat.
                  PRS web page

Comment

I had a 7 string Schecter for awhile and sold it. Now it might have been the fact that it was a Schecter or it could have been that it was just a 7 string and I didn't like that aspect of it.
                    My other guitar player just got a C-1 elite and returned it to the friend as he didn't like it either.
                    I am going to get one of the new ESP Paul look-a-likes with the earvana nut, locking tuners etc to try out in April or May.

Comment

I just got a C1 Blackjack 2 day's ago. This guitar is amazing for the price. It plays, feels and sounds as good as anything I've ever owned. I reccomend it completely. I never was much for the SD JB, but in the mahog. body, it's pretty killer.

Comment

Shecter offers mega bang for the buck. Gotta love all those carved tops at low prices. Their aviation graphics are cool, too, and I think it was very smart for them to create an entire series in that motif, instead of just one-offs. The USAF inlays are particularly cool.

Comment

I kinda dig the inlays on the XXX model, but my wife might not be thrilled about having one of those around... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

probably the best bang for the buck in electric guitars right now...

Comment

Working...
                            X