Faded V and '67 V differences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faded V and '67 V differences?

Other than the finish, is there much difference in the body or wood on a Gibson Faded V vs a standard V? $400 seems like a lot to pay for a good paintjob, but I don't see anything different in the specs? Same HW, dot inlays pickups are the same, both mahogony, both USA made. What's up here? I could by a faded and send it in for a custom paint job and save money. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Re: Faded V and \'67 V differences?

They say the specs are the same, but I have never played one. If I could find one cheap enough, I would try a Schenker paint job for shits and giggles.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing 442.

The Schenker paint job isn't a complicated finish and It shouldn't be a costly endeaver.

Comment

the fadeds play and sound just as good IMO
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

There is no clearcoat on the Faded series, and I think some of them have (or had) ebony fretboards instead of rosewood. I'll check at work today.

Comment

My '67 has an ebony board. One other thing to check and that's to look closely at the bridge and make sure they are identical. Finally, all the Faded V's prices I've seen include a gig bag instead of a hardshell case.
            "POOP"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              There is no clearcoat on the Faded series

[/ QUOTE ]
              There is a clear coat on them, but it's a matte satin instead of a high gloss. I love the faded finish on my MF Vintage Mahogany LP Studio! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The faded has an Ebony board. Only the white '67 has an Ebony board. The red and black finishes have Rosewood. But I dunno why. The white Explorer... oh, excuse me... "X-Plorer" [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] has Rosewood.
                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Working...
                X