Carvin acoustics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin acoustics

I just got a Carvin magazine in the other day and was checking out their acoustic electrics. well acoustics with the pickups and stuff. I was digging the C550 or something like that. Its like $600. Are Carvin acoustics good?

Re: Carvin acoustics

A friend of mine got one that was around that price. It was a good guitar. Taylor makes a couple guitars in that price range that I think are better but the Carvin is certainly a good deal too.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

They make nice guitars. There are alot of choices at that price range.

Comment

I think Carvin still has the Cobalts for $100 off. I was pretty close to getting one, but I really believe in trying out a ton of acoustics before deciding on one. I've been trying out acoustics for a week now and bought a Taylor 110 yesterday. At a local store you can try out every single guitar they have in stock. And, through a mail order catalog, you can't do that. I tried like 10 different Taylors before I decided on the one I bought. I found one with no bear claws on the top and one with very good bass response.
        Also, the Carvins are built in Korea while Taylors are built in the USA.

Comment

i love taylors too, but their prices are nuts. i know they are hand made and what not but i would never pay for an acoustic what a good Jackson would cost. The taylor i really dug was the 315ce i think. or 310ce. the one that has the electronics and what not. that thing sounded sweet and played awesome, but with like an $1100 price tag ill pass on that. Does Taylor make a $500-600 good acoustic with the pickups and electronics and all that? it has to be acoustic electric. thats one the reasons i might get a new one is to get an acoustic electric. I was also looking into Takimines, i think i spelled that right, but my local shop either carries cheap-o acoustics or super high end Taylors. very few inbetween. I dont want to spend too much on an acoustic since I mainly play electric, but my church is starting some kind of band thingy and plus id like to play my acoustic through the system so i dont have to use a mic and ill get to play it through my halfstack at home. I really like Taylors but the ones I checked out were $1000 or more. lol which is another nice Jackson and thats an easy decision on that one. thats why I asked about the Carvin since they dont sell them in stores cuz they are mail order. didnt know if anyone had any experience with them.

Comment

Working...
          X