EBMM EVH hard tail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBMM EVH hard tail

Tetsuo posted this link in the classifieds section....

http://forums.birdsandmoons.com/foru...ead.php?t=8902

What's a fair ballpark for this? Thanks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Re: EBMM EVH hard tail

I think between $1500-2000.
    I have seen some sold on E-bay for around $1800.
    If you could get it for less than $1500, GREAT deal and I would pay up to $2000 depending on condition.
    If you want to save money, there are also Axis version of it too.
    It can be Axis or Super Sport Axis(with Tone knob and 5way).
    I had both EVH and Axis versions with Hardtail and in Trans Red and Yellow and both played GREAT!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      This guitar was constructed while EVH was ending his contract with Ernie Ball, so there is no signiature on the headstock which makes it even more rare.

[/ QUOTE ]
      isn't that an oxymoron or some shit? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

maybe he should have said, "less plentiful". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

lol @ rune. thats hilarious.

Comment

$1500-2000 for THAT? LMFAO! PT Barnum is proven correct to this day. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

He wants less than $1500. I was going to trade an amp for it then ran into some sudden home repairs and had to pass. The guys on the ernieball forum were only offering in the $850-950 range because of the fact it didn't have the signature on the headstock. In their eyes this devalues it from one that has the signature. One person said it would be no more rare than the export models that are identical to the EVH's (switch placement etc.) that EB builds in the USA and then send to Japan for assembly. Those usually sell for around 750-850. It's a cool guitar, it does have some scratches on the back, but I still thought for what he wanted it was a killer deal.

Comment

Even half that is robbery IMHO.
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Yes they sell axis with EVH configuration in Japan but they all have locking nut and necks are Maple on Maple.

About no signature on the headstock, there were some EVH without signatures on the headstock right before Ernie Ball started selling Axis.
                  These were known as "No Name".
                  I have seen these before even at trade show in Japan and introduced as "No Name" and it was teh model right before they changed the name to Axis with new location of 3way switch.
                  So if you guys think what this guy is saying is a BS, actually you guys are wrong.
                  There were some without signature on the headstock and they are U.S. model right before they switched to Axis.

Comment

actually they were made in japan from leftover parts from the cali factory but yes it is legit and they are rare but i would just get a axis and save a grand.

Comment

Working...
                    X