JEM on the way!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JEM on the way!

Well, the Vai DVD I got for Christmas finally did me in. The things he can do with that guitar amaze me. Signing him up was the smartest move Ibanez ever made.

So . . . I broke down and bought a used JEM 7VWH, which should arrive tomorrow. While I suspect it will look like every other 7VWH you've ever seen, I'll nevertheless continue the grand tradition of posting pics when I get it.

P.S. Anyone know a good place to get an Ibanez trem bar for this? The seller says he's not sure if it has one in the case or not. It's gonna kill me to finally have a JEM and not be able to wank on the trem bar. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: JEM on the way!

Congrats!

As for the trem bar goes, www.ibanezrules.com sells Ibanez parts.
    Also I think many people here have Ibanez.Why not to post a Wanted AD in the classifieds section?
    I am sure someone has one.

Comment

GC sells them for like 14 bucks, and they come with extra bushings. They also fit real well in JT-6's if you happen to have any of those.

BTW-I want a JEM or a UV real bad. Therefor, YOU SUCK!

Comment

shoot me an email at [email protected] - I put a Speedloader in mine and don't even have the original bridge anymore. I did have a couple bars and may still have one left - if I do it's yours.

Otherwise, believe it or not most GC's stock them. I've bought them there and have seen them at multiple GC's since then.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Your gonna love that guitar. I am such a huge fan of Ibanez. There are no limits to what you can do with a Jem 7.

Comment

Congrats, and please post pics. I love looking at Jems!

Comment

I hope to be in your position one day.. waiting on a 7VWH to arrive.. some day.. some day

anyways, congrats!
              "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Congrats, man. I've layed a few of those and while they're not my cup of tea, they are pretty friggin' sweet. Enjoy.

Comment

Congrats bro.

Comment

Thanks, everyone! You guys are the greatest.

RE: the trem bar, unfortunately, there's no Guitar Center near where I live, and when I asked our local music store owner if he had or could get an Ibanez trem bar for a JEM or RG (I assumed they're the same), he told me no and that they are "impossible to get." Good thing I don't have to rely solely on him for my gear. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Ibanez has manufactured thousands of guitars with the edge series of bridges over the past...what...20 years or so? Impossible to get? I doubt it. I believe budman is making those too-drop him a line-he is a super cool guy to deal with.

Comment

here's a link. Scroll down tot he bottom for details.

budman's cool as heck stuff!

Comment

Re: JEM still on the way

Thanks for the tip and the link.

Unfortunately, after I sat here all day waiting and the JEM knocked around in a cold FedEx truck all day (out for delivery from local facility at around 6 a.m. today per their web site), they didn't bother to deliver it and instead brought it back to their facility (at around 6 p.m. per their site) and simply changed the delivery date to tomorrow. Now it can sit in a cold truck another night, so they can possibly deliver it tomorrow. Thanks a lot, FedEx.

Comment

A Jem is never truly cold. Don't worry.

Comment

I had a similar problem with FedEx. That really turned me off of them. They even said they delivered it next door, but they didn't. They also only left 1 note saying it was the 3rd attempt. Nice of them to let me know that on the 1st attempt I was aware of. I did eventually get the package a week or more later. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] My UPS guy is great. He's even a big Rush (and Neil Peart)fan. I know when I am getting/expecting something coming UPS, that it will get to me ASAP, and with no problems. Sucks that FE seems to be cheaper (per the FE vs. UPS comparison thread), but unfortunately I guess you can't always have both. On a brighter note, I'll be posting my Ibanez Jem 7VWH pics soon. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

Working...
                              X