ESP vs. LTD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP vs. LTD

I am not up on my ESP history…Why did they start putting guitars out under the LTD name? Are they just cheaper versions of the ESP branded ones?

I was thinking of trying an ESP, any particular model that you guys like or would recommend…other than the DV8, that one I know about.

Re: ESP vs. LTD

They are cheaper version that are made in Korea I beleive.

Comment

ESP, there are many models and it depends on what style of body shape you are into.
      MII Deluxe is pretty good one that you can find used on E-bay for good price.
      Also Horizon.

Comment

as far as LTDs go, the 400 and 1000 series are the best
        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

The LTD. models are the Korean made versions of the ESP models. Except over the last few years most of the higher end LTDs. Come with the same specs(pickups, original Floyds, Tone Pros) as the ESPs.
          Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies. As far as the body shape I would probably go with a standard strat. Currently all my guitars are pointy so I was thinking of something round this time…although I really like that fireburst LDV8RSE.

I just want something that has a real fast neck for shredding and fast Metal.

Comment

If you can get a neck through ESP M1 custom, then you will find that it rips. The only real problem is the fact that ESP does not really make them any more, so evil-bay is probably your best bet (well, they do make them, but they want ridiculas prices for them new, and for real money, I would recommend an SL2H over an ESP as bang for the buck etc. - I have both an ESP and an SL2H).
              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
              X