Hamer Californian Pics, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamer Californian Pics, anyone?

All this Hamer talk has me missing my Californian, which I gave to my nephew years ago. Mine was just a Korean model, but it was still a great guitar. I later missed out on a USA model for sale on eBay, which had a solid flame maple body. If anyone has a pic of that one, I'd REALLY love to see it, but pics of any USA Californian will suffice.

Pics of the heel-less Californian Custom would be great, especially if they show the back.

Incidentally, here's a very interesting article on Hamer, which gives a nice recap of the Californian's history:
    HERE IT IS.

Re: Hamer Californian Pics, anyone?

Here's my two:
    [image][/image]

[image][/image]

Comment

Here's the picture I posted in another thread. The Cali is on the right.

Comment

Got pics of mine on my webpage. just click the link.

Comment

Those are nice. I have a standard with the dots on the frets. Always wanted one with the boomerangs.

Anyway, they have spectacular necks - as fast as any Ibanez neck IMO.

Mine is all mahagony. I have EMG's which I have been thinking about changing for passive pups.

Wondering what you guys think that have the passive pups?
          PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Nice!! That yellow one is the pic that got me started lusting after these again!

I love the reverse headstock on the purple one! I didn't know they were available like that.

My Korean model had a mahogany body, with dots. I always wanted boomerangs. That was the most comfortable guitar body I ever played, and the neck spoiled me for just about anything else. Wish it was 22 frets, though. I'm easily confused. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'd love to get one of the customs (Glock, I think he calls 'em) based on this design, with a direct mount pickup and a 22 fret neck, if I could get it from someone OTHER than Ed Roman. I wonder if Hamer would still do a custom shop Californian?

Comment

Hamer will not do a custom shop Californian. I've already asked. They restrict their custom orders to the current models.

As far as the passive pickups in the Cali's, I've got a Distortion in the bridge (big surprise, huh) and a Cool Rails in the neck. This combo absolutely smokes and is incredibly versatile.

Comment

I've still got the stock Hamer pups in mine. I tried puttin a JB in the bridge but it just didnt sound the same.
                It lost its sweet tone so I put the Slammer back in. I love the tone of these and its hotter then a JB without being muddy. And being mahogany body the Slammers work perfectly in mine. I'm just trying to find out info about the paint job. So far no luck.
                Gil

Comment

Yeah, that is a pretty sweet finish you have on yours.

Comment

Working...
                  X