Speaking of Hamers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Hamers

Here's a couple of pictures of my Hamers I snapped the other day. I think some of you might recognize the one second to the left. I just wired up the Distortion/Pearly Gates on it yesterday. I won't have a chance to try it until tonight. But assuming I wired everything correctly, I'll give a review on the results later on.

Re: Speaking of Hamers

Noice!!

Are the necks similar between all of the hamers?
    I've never had a californian up close, I've only tried a korean stuido and my korean standard. They seemed similar to each other, but probably can't compare to the USA models.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

The Mirage and the Special FM seem to have very similar necks with a medium thickness to them ('94 Mirage and '95 Special). The Artist is much beefier ('01) but still has a very familiar feel to it. The Diablo (95) has a bit of a chunkier neck for a shredder but is still very comfortable. The Californian has the thinnest neck of all but is nowhere near as thin as an Ibanez Wizard.

All in all, even with the different neck profiles, I've never played a USA Hamer that didn't feel comfortable right away. There's always a familiar feel to them even when dramatically different in profile.

Comment

That yellow one!!! I must get me one of them eventually!

Really beautiful.
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Your Californian is very cool.

Comment

I can't even remember who I traed that for (someone on here). I traded a red model 4 for it then I refinished the Cali. That model 4 was a nice guitar, but it just didn't speak to me as much as the Cali does.

Comment

Beautiful collection. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Love the new zebra pups in my old Special FM! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X