GMW in Guitar World Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMW in Guitar World Magazine

GMW is mentioned in a Zakk Wylde interview in this month's Guitar World magazine. I think it is page 40. Zakk is holding the polka dot V that Lee made for him...alla Randy!

Nice to see Lee get that type of exposure.
    Monte

Re: GMW in Guitar World Magazine

Interesting. I think it is that type of exposure that crashed da' party so to speak.
    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

i think it was more than that. there nuthing wrong with the V because its not a Jackson replica & it has the sandoval headstock. i think the problem was everyone bragging about STRAT headstocks plus, some other BS thats happened. people speculating about where GMW necks were made or who made them & what not. somethings are better kept as secrets & not talked about on PUBLIC forums. if you know/knew than great, but no need to share that info. its ruins things for lots of people. thats my $.02

Comment

Well, IMO part of what fueled the speculation that possibly led to issues was the fact that people didn't know where GMW's stuff came from. Don't get me wrong; I'm a customer of theirs and have no beef whatsoever with them. But before I became a customer and was looking all over for a reputable custom shop, I had my share of reservations about GMW because I could never get a straight answer for certain questions. It's only natural to wonder about things like that when you're contemplating putting down two or three large on a custom instrument, and if you can't get an answer you're going to speculate and perhaps gossip. For that kind of money, and with all of the rave reviews GMW (rightfully so) receives, it's only natural to wonder where does the stuff come from, IMO...

Comment

Well, possibly the only person who might get upset by this is Karl S. Then again, it is a Gibby shape, so hopefully it doesn't cause any trouble like the strathead thing.

And I agree, Monte. The exposure and kudos for Lee are well deserved.

Comment

I bet he'd rather not have publicity like that. GMW was busy enough before... they turn away all kinds of work they used to take, which killed one of my projects. He won't build a guitar on a NOS Jackson neck now. That's something they would have been glad to do two years ago. I can imagine how much more his phone must be ringing these days.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

a la Randy
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

What Xeno said.
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I wonder how much the orders will go up just from the article. There are a lot of people out there (the vast majority??) who just have to have a name brand guitar and would never buy a GMW, or for that matter, any other custom built guitar. I know GMW doesn't need to get any busier, but it might not get a lot worse.

Comment

I am just glad that they were mentioned. They have done alot of work for other guitar players....but I never saw them mentioned in a guitar magazine

Comment

Working...
                    X