New James Hetfield Signature Guitar 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New James Hetfield Signature Guitar 2005

ESP's gonna push that Eclipse he's been playing a lot lately. He stripped it down to the primer and repainted to give it a new finish, but he never got to it, so it looks like this now.

Anyways this is the pic that was up on the ESPee boards before they pulled it:

http://tinypic.com/xdkb5

I'm not too much of a fan of Eclipses neither am I a fan of Signature guitars, and I don't specifically like this model either.

But I was wondering if anyone has some more info? Concerning any specs or something that might be present when it's released.

Ward
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Re: New James Hetfield Signature Guitar 2005

That was in Matt's ill faited post of the 2005 ESP's: personally, I think it's hideous! Hetfield should go back to explorers and try writing a album that doesn't suck (OK, maybe hoping too much as it's not pre '91 any more!)
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      That was in Matt's ill faited post of the 2005 ESP's: personally, I think it's hideous! Hetfield should go back to explorers and try writing a album that doesn't suck (OK, maybe hoping too much as it's not pre '91 any more!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second that!
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

i agree with neilli. When I hear almost anything after "Justice" (with a few exceptions on the BLack album) I can't believe these are the same guys who did "Master of Puppets" and "RIde the Lightening". It is like they all took an OD of estrogen...

Comment

Well I think some of the Loads is mindblowing as well.
          Saint Anger is shite though.

But that's not the matter at hand, gentlemen. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree like everyone says, James will look much better with Explorer type shape.
            Or maybe he should go with V.
            Seeing this, it makes more sense for James to go with Gibson instead of ESP.

Comment

Well I'm the last one you've got to say that to. (mind the avatar) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

He's been playing some Gibsons lately, both Explorers (Rusty) and LP's.

Comment

Gibson should have an endorsement deal with James and release a signature model based on his older Explorers.
                Then at least I get to have one....Epiphone version.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

James should start playing his old Epiphone white Flying V.

Comment

Jim, I didn't know his V was Ephiphone..Is that right?
                    I always thought that was Gibson.

Comment

He relogoed it.

Comment

I see now.
                        I guess I should try that but I have seen reissue Gibson V are pretty cheap these days especially used ones...
                        [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I bet it's mahogany body with 81b/60n to go...as for the rest...the jury is still out [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Gibson should have an endorsement deal with James and release a signature model based on his older Explorers.
                            Then at least I get to have one....Epiphone version.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well those ESP Mx 250 are the closest you'll get. The white custom versions with the middlefinger inlays are basically a signature guitar.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              James should start playing his old Epiphone white Flying V.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you man! I don't care what people say, those Epi Vs and Explorers play great and Metallica built their legacy on them. I remember about 4 years ago comming across a picture of James (it was a current pic at the time) sitting on a black couch with about 5 black Epi Vs leaned up against the couch and he was playing one. It seemed like he was trying them.

Oh, and about that new ESP. It's ugly as all hell but I have a question. What's that one switch down where the knobs are?
                              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
                              X