Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiesel (Jason Becker) Super Strat!

https://www.kieselguitars.com/builde...Njk5NzQwNjA%3D

Jason Becker thought up this idea a couple years ago for a 24.75" scale super strat, and it was only available in black/white. Well, now there's 7 new colors available, so I chose Sky Blue, also was able to order it with a non-reversed headstock. Ordered the day before Halloween and received it two days after Xmas. Tung oiled, quarter-sawn maple neck with roasted flamed maple fretboard is so smooth. This guitar is so much fun to play! I changed the black strat knobs to Q-Parts UFO aqua acrylic, and put on a blue DiMarzio switch tip.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

That is AWSOME, BEAUTIFUL, AND I WANT ONE!!!

Congratulations!!!
    She's Definitely A Beauty!!!
    HNGD!!

Comment

Grats man. I have been eyeing either one of those or maybe one of the blue ones since those are 25" scale length too. Or maybe even the numbers guitar with colour. But i do like the YY guitars for their 24.75" scale since those are so rare these days to get from a new guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ119 View Post

That is AWSOME, BEAUTIFUL, AND I WANT ONE!!!

Congratulations!!!
        She's Definitely A Beauty!!!
        HNGD!!
        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
          Grats man. I have been eyeing either one of those or maybe one of the blue ones since those are 25" scale length too. Or maybe even the numbers guitar with colour. But i do like the YY guitars for their 24.75" scale since those are so rare these days to get from a new guitar.
          Thanks. I've realized I prefer shorter scales as I get older. The 24.75" scale is pretty rare these days. The blue one with 25" scale is cool, too. The numbers guitar is actually 25.5" scale.

Caparison makes at least one short scale, and so does Tom Anderson, but those cost a bit more.

Comment

I don't know why your second photo has kind of a haze-like effect but it is straight out of the Toejam School of Photography® circa early 2000s.

Great choice with the aftermarket knobs and switch tip!

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
              I don't know why your second photo has kind of a haze-like effect but it is straight out of the Toejam School of Photography® circa early 2000s.

Great choice with the aftermarket knobs and switch tip!
              I was thinking the same thing about the one pic, and I even took it with my phone instead of the old-school potato camera from the early 2000s! I've even got some stainless blue Floyd locking nut screws and string clamps I think I'll put on when I do a string change.

Comment

These really caught my eye when they were first released and I was really tempted when they offered the colors. The biggest drawback for me was the reverse head stock but it looks like they do a regular head stock. Was there an upcharge? How is the single pick up. I already have a blue JB200, got one of the last ones with active electronics and phase switch (thanks to your recommendation Toe Jam) and I love the neck pick up so thinking the single coil might disappoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Kempo Bulldog View Post
                  These really caught my eye when they were first released and I was really tempted when they offered the colors. The biggest drawback for me was the reverse head stock but it looks like they do a regular head stock. Was there an upcharge? How is the single pick up. I already have a blue JB200, got one of the last ones with active electronics and phase switch (thanks to your recommendation Toe Jam) and I love the neck pick up so thinking the single coil might disappoint.
                  The regular headstock was no upcharge at all. I had seen someone else do it a couple months before the new colors came out, so just decided to go with it.

Both pickups sound fantastic! The new bridge humbucker is the M12SD which is supposed to be pretty much an updated version of their old M22SD they've had since the '80s and discontinued a couple years back, minus the extra pole pieces. The single coil is "Mark's Single" that Jeff's dad created, and it sounds nice and glassy like a Strat, and it balances very well with the humbucker. I rarely use middle single coils and find them to usually get in the way, so this H/S setup is perfect.

Comment

Working...
                  X