Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did pointy headstock guitars fall out of fashion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post

For some reason I thought he had a Charvel, but you can clearly see the logo thanks to 2022 HD pause and zoom technology that we didn't have back then.

Funny thing, I almost traded for one of these ESP Tele shapes until I realized it was a re-issue by LTD. I was very disappointed.
    I actually thought it was a Charvel too, but never could figure out what model. It wasn'tuntil those LTD '87 re-issues came out and I read somewhere Izzy had an original Eclipse in that video that I figured it out.

Comment

Because they're ugly? Just my opinion, of course...

Comment

Originally posted by phillybri View Post
        Because they're ugly? Just my opinion, of course...

Then why are you here.

I mean, at least you have only posted 4 times in 3 years. We have this other douche bag posting everyday, with his incoherent drunken babbling. It is only when he is sober that he posts about how shitty these things are... until he skips out on his child support payments long enough to buy one, because then it is the single greatest guitar they ever made.

Comment

seriously.

also, how could you not think this headstock is sexy as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by Dak View Post

I actually thought it was a Charvel too, but never could figure out what model. It wasn'tuntil those LTD '87 re-issues came out and I read somewhere Izzy had an original Eclipse in that video that I figured it out.

We could also go with the old logic of .... we've all owned numerous guitars through the years, of course he played one at some point.

If he had a Charvel-tele, there aren't that many choices, it would either be a Model 7 or a Pre-Pro.

And "original" Eclipse.... nah.
            The original were LP shaped. They became Tele shaped. Then went back to the LP.
            Could it be 'original' in the sense that it was old and unmodifed? Sure. But not original as in first design.

Comment

Then why are you here.

Must be for the post FMIC Charvels. Seeing as how other than the original Charvels almost everything else is pointy.

Comment

We could also go with the old logic of .... we've all owned numerous guitars through the years, of course he played one at some point.

If he had a Charvel-tele, there aren't that many choices, it would either be a Model 7 or a Pre-Pro.

And "original" Eclipse.... nah.
                The original were LP shaped. They became Tele shaped. Then went back to the LP.
                Could it be 'original' in the sense that it was old and unmodifed? Sure. But not original as in first design.
                That's what had me thrown off. The Model 7 had a reverse headstock so I figured something custom.

I did some searching and I couldn't find where I came up with "original" Oh well though I've always kinda wanted an ESP I am not too fluent in their model history. I've seen '87 ESP Eclipse Customs pop up for only a few hundred dollars more than the LTD re-issues. If I had the money to spend it would almost be worth it to search out the ESP as I like the Jackson shaped headstock better than ESP/ LTD's current shape.

Comment

this is the first I've heard of there being an LP-shaped "eclipse" before a tele-shaped, though I'm no expert on '80s ESPs either. ESP catalogs from 1984 show "eclipse" models which are tele shaped. all the lp-shaped ESPs from that era I can find are just called "LP" or "LPS" or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Dak View Post
                    The Model 7 had a reverse headstock
                    my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
                      this is the first I've heard of there being an LP-shaped "eclipse" before a tele-shaped, though I'm no expert on '80s ESPs either. ESP catalogs from 1984 show "eclipse" models which are tele shaped. all the lp-shaped ESPs from that era I can find are just called "LP" or "LPS" or something.
                      You may be right about them first being called LP and not Eclipse.
                      But an LP body did exist for a bit.

*of course, like you, I am on the Jackson fan site for a reason and it isn't because of my ESP love.

Comment

Working...
                      X