I should stop, My 6th Edwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I should stop, My 6th Edwards

So last year I purchased a bunch of new gear, this year I've been holding off and focusing on a trip to Texas and some other things. BUT, a friend of mine picked up an Edwards "John Sykes" and kind of inspired to me look online to see if the price gouging had started to ease up, and sure enough I found one at a really good price and ordered it.

Will try to share photos once it gets here from Japan. I should really stop buying guitars.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

I too buy quite a bit. I just ask CAN I sale them at some point and make my money back or will I loss a bunch of money? If I know they're below even average market value, I buy sometime I lose sometimes I break even sometimes it's a win. I'm done buying guitars now though, Too many to chose from and they set and still need care, regardless of playing time.
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Nice! Can't wait to see pics of that one.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Nice! Can't wait to see pics of that one.
        I'm doing the newb thing right now and trying to find a free image host. lol. I'm so used to having my own domain that now that i don't I'm lost trying to find one.

I want to post picks of the Edwards and all the stuff I bought last year (4 Schecters, a Fender, A Sully Concorde, LTD EC 1000, Arrow 1000, this Edwards.) I am behind in sharing my overwhelming debilitating addiction to guitar purchases.
        Last edited by eakinj; 03-24-2022, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Imgur seems pretty good.

Comment

Ok, lets see if I even remember how to do this

Comment

[img] [/img]

Comment

yeah, I think that's everything. Still waiting on my Sully Raven, that one will be amazing. The Red Arrow at the top and the John Sykes are bother 2022 buys, the rest 2021.

Comment

oh! I did change out the tail piece on the JS, I just like the looks of those fine tuner tailpieces and they function. not sure they are useful, but I have them on all my LP's now.

Comment

Awesome! I like those TP-6 tailpieces, too. I put one on my old LP Studio, took it off when I sold it, then put it on my Jackson Mark Morton, then took it off when I sold that. Now it's just laying around and won't fit any other guitars I own.

Comment

Those Edwards John Sykes models were my introduction to John Sykes himself, right here on JCF around 2005 when I bought my Edwards Les Paul Custom, but didn't bother to listen to any of John's work. It took me ten more years to "discover" Whitesnake 1987 and Blue Murder. Man I was so overdue.

Nice collection!

Comment

Sweet! Damn nice herd too! I always wanted an Edwards LP and especially a Sykes model. Digging your Sully Concorde too!
                        Last edited by Razor; 03-30-2022, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                          Those Edwards John Sykes models were my introduction to John Sykes himself, right here on JCF around 2005 when I bought my Edwards Les Paul Custom, but didn't bother to listen to any of John's work. It took me ten more years to "discover" Whitesnake 1987 and Blue Murder. Man I was so overdue.

Nice collection!
                          I heard Blue Murder before I had any idea he had been in Whitesnake. I had no idea the people in those videos were not the people who actually recorded the album (at the time anyway) He's a hell of a player that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                            Sweet! Damn nice herd too! I always wanted an Edwards LP and especially a Sykes model. Digging your Sully Concorde too!
                            These are just from the last 12 months. I should post pics of the other 30+ one of these days. You kind of collect a lot after 39 years of playing. I've never been a buy to sell later guy. unless i really don't bond with the guitar. then I usually give them away.

I have three of the Edwards LP's, and they are all pretty awesome. The first two (a black custom and white custom) were both kind of beat up a bit, this JS is pristine. It was an awesome catch and it got here with in a couple days from Japan. With the exception of the Jackson Stars custom shop I did back in the early 2000's I've never gotten something so fast from Japan.

Yeah, the Sully is a work of art. It has one of the nicest setups I have ever gotten. Sully is amazing, and I can't wait (well I have to wait) for my new Raven, it'll be for the moment anyway some what one of a kind

Comment

Working...
                            X