NGD - EBMM Steve Morse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - EBMM Steve Morse

So this arrived today. My first Ernie Ball Musicman model... Steve Morse Y2D. I was always a fan of the look of the original model with 4 pickups, but the switching is a little weird and hard to get used to, so this Y2D version without the extra slanted single coil is perfect for me.

They're normally poplar bodies, but this is a PDN (Private Dealer Network) from 2012 that has a mahogany body, honey burst color, roasted maple neck, pau ferro board, stainless steel frets, and what looks more of a birdseye type of quilt. Only weighs about 7.5 pounds, feels and plays great with its oiled/waxed neck. I'm in love!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 6 photos.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

I wouldnt mind a floyded version of these. Also its EBMM

Comment

That's a looker TJ congrats
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
        I wouldnt mind a floyded version of these. Also its EBMM
        I almost bought an older blue/purple burst with non-recessed Floyd, but this one just called out to me more. I may later pick one of those up.

Thanks for catching my typo!

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
          That's a looker TJ congrats
          Thanks, John. The pickup wiring on this is also pretty cool. Full bridge humbucker, humbucker and single in parallel, single, both humbuckers in parallel, neck humbucker. And the single is in a position where it doesn't get in the way of my picking like a normal guitar would.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post

Thanks, John. The pickup wiring on this is also pretty cool. Full bridge humbucker, humbucker and single in parallel, single, both humbuckers in parallel, neck humbucker. And the single is in a position where it doesn't get in the way of my picking like a normal guitar would.
            I don't mind wiring stuff up! But I wouldn't want to mess with all that stuff (hope nothing goes wrong with it ) I hate middle pickups myself and always lower them to the bottom on ones that have them, that and knobs too .J/C are so f'in close.

Enjoy Bro
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I don't usually have a problem with any volume knobs, as I fan my fingers out and go right over them, kinda like George Lynch's technique.
              I know how to solder, but I've never done my own wiring, just bring things to my local shop if I ever need anything done. I don't feel the need to change the pickups out, and, hopefully, nothing goes wrong with the wiring.

Comment

Congratulations! Not something you see every day.

Comment

Thanks! I've always liked the look of these and couldn't pass it up.

Comment

Working...
                  X