Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimarzio Pickups

Hey guys,

I found an older dimarzio humbucker in the basment last night. All it says on the back is Dimarzio ....made in USA and has a capital "F" at one place and a "P1" on the opposite edge. All twelve poles are adjustable screws. Any help is appreciated.

Baldy

Re: Dimarzio Pickups

I think the P1 was designed for the Parker Fly. It was based on a Tone Zone. I'm not totally sure, but I think yours could be one of those. Mabey someone else may know more. I would just put it in a guitar and hear how it sounds.

Comment

The P1 might mean from an Ibanez JPM100P1 guitar. If it has all adjustable screws it might be an Air Norton F spaced? Maybe, I don't know

Comment

Any pix?
        That would help a bit.

Comment

I can't get any pics up today. I might add that all the writing on the pickup is embossed into the back plate which appears to be brass.

Comment

If you email dimarzio and give them the info they will tell what pickup it is. Sometimes they remark pickups for OEM use.
            Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

I've been trying their website to get contact info all day and it keeps hanging up on the first screen saying "100%". Anybody else getting this. And by the way, thanks for the help. I read this board often just for the knowledge. The best part is that people don't just sound off with what they think, they usually have hands on experience with what's being discussed.

Comment

I have the feeling P1 stands for JPM P1 as well.
                I had a P1 and the pickup in the bridge had a stciker of it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  The P1 might mean from an Ibanez JPM100P1 guitar. If it has all adjustable screws it might be an Air Norton F spaced? Maybe, I don't know

[/ QUOTE ]
                  The Norton and Air Norton only have one set of adjustable pole pieces, the other six are flat.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah. I was trying their site when I first read your original post. I had no other resource other than my memory. Pretty scarry!

Comment

Hey jimmy, Check the "Sparkles" post in the General Jackson section.

Comment

Already been there. Is the green one ready?

Comment

if it IS from the ibanez P1, I'd say, because of the 12 adjustable poles it would be a steves special, put it in you guitar and if your guitar suddenly lacks midrange, it is a steves special

Harrald

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                            The Norton and Air Norton only have one set of adjustable pole pieces, the other six are flat.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, you know I'm an idiot. I have an Air Norton 7 in one of my guitars and I knew it only had one row of adjustable screws and I still posted that. I should never post before 11 am lol

Comment

Email your info to [email protected]
                              Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Working...
                              X