Debating pickup switch in M-II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debating pickup switch in M-II

****Sorry I titled this thread wrong. This is about a Dean V with some pickup questions later.

Ok, couple questions - I'm debating picking up a Dean V, one of the trans black ones with a floyd. This is 99% because I want a round horn with out a pick guard, I'm just not sure of the quality. I have a friend who is a Dean artist but I feel weird about asking him if the imports are shit or not because it would put him in a weird position. So I was curious if they are at the very least better than the import jackson stuff that's been coming in (Not my sx4 has all sorts of quality issues and shouldn't have left the factory, some of which I chalk up to cheaper floyd though so) but anyway.. Just to have a round horn to bang on are they worth the money?

Also since I don't want to start 20 threads - I have an M-II and a Edwards version of the H3 and both have EMG 81's in them... I'm really debating switching one of them out with SD Blackouts or some other drop in active pickup.

What I really want is to put an SD Distortion in there, but I've gotten to the point where I simple don't want to solder. I know there was some sort of SD quick connect setup but I was under the impression there was still soldering involved, can anyone clarify/verify?
    Last edited by eakinj; 09-24-2019, 09:34 AM.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
    What I really want is to put an SD Distortion in there, but I've gotten to the point where I simple don't want to solder. I know there was some sort of SD quick connect setup but I was under the impression there was still soldering involved, can anyone clarify/verify?
    500k version: https://www.seymourduncan.com/accessory/liberator-500k

250k version: https://www.seymourduncan.com/accessory/liberator-250k

"Solder it in once and never solder again."

Comment

Working...
    X