HEL Spitfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEL Spitfire

For years now I've wanted a reversed Strat head Dinky-type shredder. Recent model releases of the DK24 series by Charvel only spurred it on, not quite satiating it. And as Charvel and Jackson CS have repeatedly shot down my requests, I went elsewhere to get one. Shane at Huss Electric Lutherie made my custom version of a Hamer Standard (the Willy G) so, I went back to him for this. Behold the Spitfire:

25.5" scale Alder Dinky body, maple/maple neck, 24 stainless jumbos, Gravelin Double Slug Mongoose and SD '59, Floyd Rose "Hot Rod" (a WD upgraded OFR- brass big block, stainless string bolts, saddle screws and locking nut screws) EZ Fixit kill switch/tone pot, CTS 500K Vol pot, toggle switch, Schaller strap locks.

Paint by Jeff Rich at RCA Guitars. Back story on the paint: Initially sent to The Guitar Paint Guys who, after numerous delays, managed to do such a crappy job (missed the color totally, shitty registration leaving gaps between graphics etc) finally fully refunded my money and shipped it down to Jeff. Jeff knocked it outta the park!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by vector; 05-05-2019, 08:43 AM.

Very cool! Like how that turned out. And working with Jeff is great. He painted my Operation: Mindcrime gunslinger.

Comment

Working...
    X