Iron Maidens early Fenders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Maidens early Fenders?

Hey guys does anyone have decent pics of the h-s-h strat Murray I think?? used in the Number of the Beast and Run to the hill's video?

It was black with a white p/g and had two cream dimarzio hummers, and a fender single coil, and a maple fretboard.
    It also had vintage trem.

Ozz

Re: Iron Maidens early Fenders?

Bumpity bumpity bump!!!!

Ozz [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

No pics I'm afraid, but he had two - one previously owned by Paul Kossoff (Free) which had a vintage trem. The other had a Kahler (and I think a rosewood board) but otherwise seemed to have the same specs (from memory!). They were his main guitars pretty much up to Somewhere in Time, when he got an ESP endorsement, but he was still using them on the Seventh Son tour. (Then he got Jacksons, then back to Fenders)
      Cheers
      Ian
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Years ago I remember Guitar World doing a pullout poster in the mag with a picture and detailed description of that guitar. It was a black strat with white pickguard and maple fretboard. The pickups were Dimarzio, he didnt remember what they were except the bridge was a Super Distortion but it was an HSH configuration.

He also says that he has since retired that guitar because with the sweat getting on it and all the heavy touring it started needing new parts really often. It now resides in his mother's home somwhere in Englad.

If I can find the issue somwhere I'll scan the page but ask around on IM fan sites, one of those guys would have to have it somewhere more accessible.
        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I had made this to sort of replicate Dave Murray's strat. It is not exact, but cool anyway. It has recently been parted out.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
          X