ESP Lynch Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP Lynch Guitars

Does anyone here own or have you played a ESP Kamikazi or the M1 Tiger. I am considering a purchase and the dealers around me do not stock the higher end ESP's. How do they play/feel and how is the build quality? any feed back will be appreciated! Thanx!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Re: ESP Lynch Guitars

I have Kami I, II, & III and the M-1 Tiger. They feel pretty much the same as the necks are very similar. Build quality is 1st rate.

As most people know, these have maple bodies, and therefore are heavier than the average super-strat. Also the necks are wider/thicker than the average Jackson/Charvel. I'll take a Kami to a gig along with a J/C or two and play one per set, and I personally don't have a problem between playing the different neck styles.

Here's an old thread where I did some measurements to answer a question on these ESPs vs. Peavey Wolfgang (I'd also add the ESPs feel less strange to me vs. the Wolfie's neck profile).
    JCF thread on ESP neck measurements

Comment

Opps, I clicked submit instead of edit, just to set the record straight, I have the Kami II, III, & IV and the LTD version of the Kami I.

Did you have any other specific questions I might be able to help on??

Comment

Fit and finish is top notch. Outstanding guitars. However pricing hasn't gotten to be an issue with ESP they aren't cheap. Save yourself some money and pick one off of ebay. If you can try to get one from the late 80s to early 90s. To me they seem to be better built than the newer ones.

Comment

Mountain dog, How does the LTD kami compare to the ESP's

Comment

Predator1, the LTD kami (LTD GL-500K) differs of course in the type of body wood (I think its alder) and rosewood fingerboard, the lack of the fighterpilot and bombs on the graphic, uses duncan-designed pickups and a cheap licensed floyd and cheaper locking nut. One thing I noticed is the LTD Kami weighs about as heavy as the real ESP ones.

As you can see on that link I had above, the neck dimensions are very close to the ESP, so the feel of the neck is about the same to your hands. The thing that I noticed most was the cheesy floyd. So with the LTD you save $ due to the cheap hardware & pickups & body wood/fingerboard wood.

All that said, once I had the LTD set up, it played and sounded very very good. The LTD KamiI's go for around $350-$400, while the real ESP's Kami's and M1 Tiger's can be had for $1000 to $1300 (and you'll routinely see them for $1800 to $2000 also).

If you can afford it, I'd go for the real thing in the $1000 to $1300 range. You'll be happier with the better hardware/pickups/quality/finish.

Also note that the LTD version of the M1 Tiger had a maple body, real Floyd, real screamin demon, so it was spec'd out exactly like the ESP one. Those are going for $550 to $600 when they pop up.

ESP Kami I on ebay

ESP Kami III on ebay

Harmony Central reviews on the LTD Kami

Comment

I have the LTD M1 Tiger and love it. Because of the quality of the LTD I am considering the real deal.I just can't decide between the Kami or the M1 Tiger.

Comment

I had all of the Kamiz at one time.
                Even the LTD With the Buzz headstock.
                Nicey, nice.
                I ended up getting rid of them all a couple years back when I vowed to never own any 22 fret guitars again LOL.

Of course I did keep my Pre production M1 Tiger.
                Ive had it for about 15 years or so now.
                Love it.
                It got retired from gigging about 5 years ago until recently, I brought her out of retirement for my last few shows.
                Now, it gets played a little more often...

Im thinking of getting a glass case for it and an Original vintage Dean Usa Z flame top.
                My wifey said the Z should go on the wall in the Study..
                Oooh yeah!
                Maybe I'll stick the M1 up there too....

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X