Carvin custom shop guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin custom shop guitar

I got a catalog today from Carvin and everything is 50% off. All the custom shop options and free shipping. So is this a guitar worth buying. They sure look good and I figure I could get a real nice looker fairly cheap but I've never played a carvin.Are they comparable to Jacksons playability or close?

Re: Carvin custom shop guitar

here is my brief experience with a used carvin.
    i believe it was a dc 127 model or something like than, s/s/h config.
    the construction was good as well as the finish. everything looked top notch on it....
    but i didn't like the neck profile, the pots felt cheap and were scratchy, and the pickups didn't do it for me.

Comment

I've got a 2002 SC90 that I love... the neck profile is exactly the same as the old '87 Charvel Model 6 and '88 Model 5A I had. Not too thin or thick. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I also had a 2001 DC400 and 2001 DC120 12-string that had pretty much the same profiles, except the 12-string neck was a tiny bit wider, of course. I've only had experience with their "Classic" C22T and C22N pickups, and I think they sound fine, a little on the bright side, though. Carvin kicks ass!! Their options have been 50% off for years now anyway. Older models had thinner necks, the newest ones as of the past year have thicker necks than mine (but they're supposed to be only a tiny bit thicker and rounder).
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I own a Carvin DC400CA and I love it. It has there M22SD pickup in the bridge which is there highest output pickup and has a nice edge to it. It also has teh full active electronics with bass and treble cut and boost, true coil taps that cut one half of the pickups for single coil sound complete with 60 cycle hum, and a switch to make it non active. I love the 25" scale and the 15" radius neck. It has a 5 piece neck through with a quilt maple top and an OFR. I picked mine up at there outlet in Hollywood a couple of months ago.

Comment

what do you guys think of a dual hum, emg 81, carvin from about '98? I am really thinking of buying it, but not sure.

Comment

I knew someone that had a carvin. I can't remember what model. but the thing played sweet. The action was pretty much the same across the neck. Mabey try something they already have in stock first. They have a ten day money back thing goin' They're worth a try. If it sucks, back in the box she goes!

Comment

I don't personally own a Carvin guitar, but I threw one of their TBH60 dual rail type pups in my HM strat neck pos. and I love the sound. Through the years, I have heard nothing but good things about them from other people and when their gear is reviewed in the mags. I say go for it!

Comment

I would honestly avoid buying a new Carvin.. Get a used one at a fraction of the price! Most of the used carvins are going for like $300-400 on the 'bay.

Comment

I have a couple Carvin necks and just oredered a kit guitar. VERY high build quality & value. Neck feel is a subjective thing - they changed their profile in 95 and again a couple years ago, so if you don't like it, you don't like it. Or do as I did and sand the puppy down!

The kit I just ordered has stainless steel frets and a compound radius fretboard. Schweet.

Comment

Dude get the Carvin! They are so amazing it's addictive, this year alone I got 2! Great construction, tone, feel and lots of mojo.
                    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Go for it! You'll be glad You did. As far as playability, I thought my DC200 was as good as any USA Jackson.

Comment

Carvins are great guitars. The resale value is very poor. You can get killer used ones on ebay and gbase.com for song. One of the best guitars I ever had was a koa wood dc-135 with a wilkenson trem.

I don't really care for their pickups though,ymmv
                        "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Working...
                        X