Floyd Rose guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose guitars?

Did anyone know that Floyd Rose was making his own brand of guitars? (butt-ugly ones at that...)

Floyd Rose Guitars

Re: Floyd Rose guitars?

I saw Brad Whitford from Aerosmith playing one during the Super Bowl halftime show... this year? Last year? It all seems so blurred together. I haven't heard anything about them other than that.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Ya think he's make me one with a Kahler? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Looks like an attempt to give the speedloader concept credibilty.And yes they are butt-ugly.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Floyd's been making them up in Washington state for a little while now. Hopefully HippieTim will be along. He's been to Floyd's shop and played some. I think Tim might also have already bought or ordered one, if I recall correctly.

If you're really interested, a few of the guitar magazines have already done some reviews on the FR guitars.

I wonder if you can get a Floyd Rose guitar with a hardtail or a vintage trem... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

They are stellar guitars. They're built well, feel great, and play beautifully. I don't care for his pickups, but that's an easy fix.

Comment

They are great guitars. They are pretty pricey though. I think Floyd sort of missed the market for his guitars. He built guitars with pseudo-vintage-been-there-done-that Strat design which is not typically what folks buying a locking whammy bar guitar are looking for. I would have much rather have seen him do a more original body style.

Having said that, they really are kickass guitars. The necks feel great, JT does great fret work, the body woods are great (they've done a few wonderful korina guitars). The pickups are actually very good. For humbuckers they have three different types varying from a vintage PAF thing up to a hot JB kind of thing. His single coils are really good as well, very fat but still have the single coil articulation.

I have not bought one yet but it's on my list of potential scores if I see a good deal on one - the cheapest I've seen has been $1400.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

i saw a bunch at GC this weekend... i kinda like em, but didn't play one.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
              X