Washburn New model???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washburn New model???

I have a Wasburn guitar that was given to my Dad Many years ago. It is a classical and says "New Model" stamped in a truss in the sound hole. I've done some research on the New Model but this one seems different. I has some very intricate inlays around the sound hole like a zipper and white red and black circles around it also. The bridge has one mop daisy with a mop dot in the center of each.Ebody fret board with three dots. Binding appears to be real ivory but could be iroroid? Neck and head are both bound and the head stock has a ebony overlay. Worm screw type tuners that also appear to be Ivory with tiny "violet buds" inlayed in them. The body is bound top and bottom with a white ivory/iveroid?? and black layered binding and the top has the same "zipper pattern as the sound hole. There is a rib splitting the back into halves that is the same zipper look with green wood flanking the zipper look. The neck joint has a cap of the ivory half football looking shape. On the bottom of the guitar where the sides meet( the rear strap button spot) it has a strip of ivory with three tiny pieces of wood on either side of it where the body sides meet.Strap button in wood and has a dot of mop on the top.All the inlay work appears to be VERY intricately done with tiny pieces of wood and not a decal. I don't have any pics of it but I'm going to try to get some.
    Any help is welcome including a link to a good Wasburn forum%

Re: Washburn New model???

Anything marked New Model would be made somewhere between 1900 and about 1925. You can post it in the jammies:
    http://www.washburn.com/jamgroup1/
    Although I dont think many people there will even know much about it. All the Washburn records from that era were destroyed in a fire...........

Comment

Christ! It's that old?? I knew it was old but dang. It has a oval George Washburn belt and buckle burn stamp and then "New Model" in the sound hole. I need to get some pics up. Is this a valuable guitar or just an old one? Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Some are valuable, and some arent........

Comment

Check out "Washburn 1897 Sold"........
          http://www.thinmanmusic.com/sold_guitarpics.htm

Comment

Working...
          X