Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know of an '80s Kramer Richie Sambora for sale..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know of an '80s Kramer Richie Sambora for sale..

...music store in Southern California has one just in on trade. From my limited knowledge, it looks legit. Metallic red body, rosewood fingerboard with large stars on 1st, 3rd, 5th frets, small stars on the rest, headstock black with gold kramer logo, and the word "american", gold tuners, gold locknut (but with chrome clamps), three hums (duncans) with gold pickup rings, the sideways blade pickup switch, the 2 phase switches, OFR with black base, but gold saddles, I think serial started with an F then 4 numbers, frets in good shape, no case.

Now the bad: The black star on the body upper horn is beneath the finish surface, but someone tried to remove the star, so the first level of finish is chipped out and you can only see the points of the star. Also some 3" long scratches on the body below the trem, and a couple other minor dings. Also no control cavity or trem cavity covers.

Anyway, I told the owner I'd spread the word for him. He's selling for $600 (firm) with gig bag.

Re: I know of an \'80s Kramer Richie Sambora for sale..

I have never heard or seen one in Metalic Red before.
    Ask Monte, He should know Sambora guitars well since he had a great collection of Sambora related.

Comment

Should look like this.

Red Sambora
      Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Yes, looks exactly like that one. The truss rod cover isn't on the one I saw, plus the string retainer bar was chrome vs. the gold on the ebay one. Again, the one I saw has black floyd base w/gold saddles, and the white part of the star on the body is scratched out so you only see the black tips of the star.

Comment

They made some red ones and blue ones. The white or the black versions are the most popular.

I would not pay $600 for one in that condition. That star decal is not easy to replace and then clear over and have it look smooth. The truss rod covers are impossible to find and they cost $25!!!

I have bought ones close to mint for $900.

All just my opinion based on my experinces.
          Monte

Comment

Working...
          X