GMW Headstock Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMW Headstock Update

GMW's new headstock, as seen in its unfinished and rawest form, is brilliant.

Lee is still working minor modifications into the final design but I suspect you guys will have the same reaction.

Without divulging any details and wanting to continue to maintain Lee's trust, I can tell you that it is very different from a traditional strat headstock and also a departure from the "Empire" headstock as well.

One more thing to note is that the new headstock guitars will have GMW logos and engraved serial numbered plates!!!

Plus....the neck pockets and heels will be numbered and signed.

More details will be posted as they are released.
    Monte

Re: GMW Headstock Update

so does that meen my strat head GMW is a pre-pro? hah.

Funny though, when I was ordering my GMW, Lee told me the last thing he wanted was to do exactly what is being done.

Comment

So what's the news?

Comment

Yeah, when do we get to see this?
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

sounds cool to me.

Comment

Sorry for making it drag out....I am updating you guys as I am able to. I have to respect Lee's copyright process right now. But I we will have something to see in a few weeks.
            Monte

Comment

So, with Fender also trying to defend their guitar shapes as well as their headstock shape, will we see a day soon when GMW can't make a "strat"-style body?

Comment

I don't think it can go that far. But then again...Gibson stopped PRS from making single cut bodies.

I just got some preliminary mock ups of the new headstock and am waiting for when it is OK to say more about them. I will say that I do like it. It has some smarts to it.

I will share more info when I can
                Monte

Comment

You said "few weeks". I'm holding you to that! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I wonder if Fender will start enforcing the pointy headstocks?

Could GMW continue to make strat necks, but pay the license?

I know they couldn't sell a completed guitar, but could they sell a strat neck like Warmoth does?

Just a thought.

Comment

Monte, if I may ask, how are you connected with Lee and GMW? Do you work for him?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Monte, if I may ask, how are you connected with Lee and GMW? Do you work for him?

[/ QUOTE ]
                        GMW, M stands for Monte.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                        J/K [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

He gives Lee all his money!

Comment

Toru...that is funny...I like that.
                            Chuck...you are not far off bro. It feels that way some times.

I am not affiliated with GMW except that I have been a customer since 2000.

Lee is not a member here, but he is aware of the loyal following that he has and how much we love his work. So I try to get the word out there for him when he wants you guys to know something.

I will always help Lee because I want them to be around for a long time so we can all enjoy the quality guitars and workmanship that we have come to know.

The new headstocks look pretty cool. I finally saw them but still have a gag order on me. I will say that they are ingenius in there design.

Just bear with me a little while longer....As soon as I get the green light...I will update the board fully.
                            Monte

Comment

Cool, thanks for the reply. If I'm lucky, I may get to see the new headstocks in person very soon, as my custom order is supposed to be ready for delivery imminently.

Comment

Working...
                              X