Priest's Hamer models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priest's Hamer models

I guess most of You by now have seen the new Guitar World with the Judas Priest story. I don't think I'm alone when I say how absolutely awesome Glenn and KK's Hamers look. Especially Glenn's new model. That is one sexy looking axe. One has to wonder why Hamer doesn't do a production run of those. Its also strange that while Judas Priest are definitely Hamers biggest name endorser, they don't even have them listed under their 'artists' section of the Hamer website. The only thing I can figure is that Hamer doesn't want to get a reputation for making 'Heavy Metal guitars'.

Re: Priest\'s Hamer models

They seem to have disavowed their "shredder" past. It's a shame too as I'd snap up a set-neck Californian w/ boomerangs /ebony board in a heartbeat.

Comment

They did make a handful of Glenn's old GT Phantom (Jazz-bass-inspired body with trapezoid inlays and Californian-style headstock) as well as the Vector KK V (single-hum, small pickguard, Kahlered red roundhorn V) but you just don't see them come up anymore.
      If ESP ever puts out a production model GT Star, GT Phantom, KKV, or KKV2 (the one with the trapezoid inlays, Floyd, and the metal pyramids down the sides of the wings) those would be the only ESPeas I'd ever own [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

ive wanted a Hamer KK V for a long time, you dont see them around at all. it would be very vool for hamer to make some of those star things glenn plays.

Comment

Got pics?????

Comment

http://www.judaspriest.com/home/default.asp

http://www.judaspriest.com/video/default.asp
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thoughs look..nice!

Ox

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                If ESP ever puts out a production model GT Star, GT Phantom, KKV, or KKV2 (the one with the trapezoid inlays, Floyd, and the metal pyramids down the sides of the wings) those would be the only ESPeas I'd ever own [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

[/ QUOTE ]

That's another thing. Seems like ESP has been working on KK's signature guitar forever, but they seem to have no problem churning signature guitars for everybody else. Seems like they would make Judas Priest a top priority. Well, that would be the smart thing to do.

Comment

Working...
                X