No more PRS Singlecuts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more PRS Singlecuts!

Just got a letter from PRS stating that they were being forced to cease production and distribution of their Singlecut model. This is due to the lawsuit that Gibson has brought against PRS. If any of you guys own one, hang on to it... it may be a collectors piece soon!

Matt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Re: No more PRS Singlecuts!

I heard about this a few weeks ago. How can Gibson do this to them, but not ESP (whose 'singlecut' line looks a hellava lot closer to Gib than PRS') ?

Comment

what???? ****??? sheeeeesh. I wonder how of their current singlecut endorsers will stay with them. they had a Lot of today's nu metallers and such use them. and i guess this is goodbye to the tremonti model too.

stupid question, but does this mean their endorsees can still use the Singlecuts live and everything? (i don;t see why they wouldn't, but just wondering)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        How can Gibson do this to them, but not ESP (whose 'singlecut' line looks a hellava lot closer to Gib than PRS') ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Demographics, man. Demographics. Someone who walks into a shop looking to buy a Gibson Les Paul is more likely to buy a PRS Singlecut than a ESP LP clone.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

I read on another board that when Gibson went after ESP for the ESP explorer style axes, ESP submitted several drawings to Gibson, including the ESP singlecutaway style guitars. Gibson apparently ok'd those designs or worked out some sort of compensation system with Gibson.

I also read an interesting link to some of the trial transcripts which had notes from PRS board meetings where Paul and others discussed how the Singlecut was intended to steal from the LP market.

Anyone who owns a singlecut can still play it, and stores that have them in stock can still sell them, since those stores now legally own those guitars.

There is some murkiness on whether or not PRS will continue to sell some of the singlecutaway SE series guitars overseas.

PRS is apparently stopping production of the Tremonti models and the Singlecut Trem models as well.

All that aside, I have this lawsuit model SC, green, ten-top, and birds, .........

Comment

Ya know, at first news of this, I was pissed. But, then I realized, I can still get a damn Heatley Tradition model. In 7-string form, with proper scale-length at that. I like LP's, but the body's kinda small, I'm 6'3", somewhere north of 300 and south of 340, I need a MAN-SIZED guit.

I need to stop posting while on cold medicine....

Comment

I got a company email about this today as well. It sucks, but you can be sure that Singlecut value will now skyrocket! I guess Dave Bahsk will have to go back to playing Santana SEs.

Comment

I guess its good if you got one, bad if you want one. and if you dont care..oh well. (They still look mighty sexy though)

Ox

Comment

yeah, old "Brownsound". but can;t he still used that modded to hell 1-hummed singlecut of his?

Comment

I'm sure he can still use them, as can Dave Navarro and the rest of the guys that use them, but they won't be getting any more new ones!

Comment

Working...
                    X