What's up with BC Rich?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with BC Rich?

What's the story? Who owns the company now?

Re: What\'s up with BC Rich?

HHI owns them. Along with Kustom and a few other companies.

Comment

HHI owns them. Most of the guitars are imports. There's a custom shop somewhere that seems to be very very slow.

Comment

I would love to order a custom BC Rich in V shape but their wait time seems way too long.
        [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Last I heard the CS was in Ohio somewhere.

Comment

It was all downhill after the "Class Axe" fiasco back in the '80s IMHO, and after Bernie Sr. died, that was the last nail in the coffin. They are just whoring the name selling inferior imports. I've played a few of the newer USA pieces, but they still don't have the vibe of the old ones.

Comment

Does that mean that all American Bc Riches are custom shop?

There is a very nice one at my local guitar shop, American Made Assasin, highly quilted red maple top, maple fretboard, Double Paf Pro, floyd. Strange neck joint. But on the plate it says Made in California

Comment

They have standard USA-made models, so I don't know if they would technically be "custom shop" models.

When was the Class Axe era, anyway?

Comment

All of the USA guitars are considered Custom Shop guitars and are built in the Custom Shop that nobody has yet visited. They don't have a Select line like Jackson. What I've been told is that many dealers order USA BCR guitars to have a few on hand. BCR does have various "standard" options on the custom guitars to confuse things even further. And you can tweak the options even more and jack up the price even further.

Comment

I don't know when the Class Axe era was over but I'd guess somewhere around 92-94. I beleive it started in 1988/89?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I don't know when the Class Axe era was over but I'd guess somewhere around 92-94. I beleive it started in 1988/89?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was really wondering if my old Warlock (which I thought was a very good guitar) was from the Class Axe era. As an '86, I guess it wasn't.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        All of the USA guitars are considered Custom Shop guitars and are built in the Custom Shop that nobody has yet visited. They don't have a Select line like Jackson. What I've been told is that many dealers order USA BCR guitars to have a few on hand. BCR does have various "standard" options on the custom guitars to confuse things even further. And you can tweak the options even more and jack up the price even further.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I thought part of the "Handmade" series made up a standard "select" line. The fact that they offer them with limited options at a lower price than what the custom shop would get would seem to mean that it is something of a "select" line, even if they were made in the custom shop (are the Jackson "select" lines not made essentially side-by-side with custom shop instruments?)

http://www.guitarasylum.com/productpages/bcrich.htm
                        http://www.bcrich.com/lineup/index.html

Comment

I guess the difference is tht Jackson always has a bunch of Selects in the pipeline. BCRs are made to order or at least now they are. So if you get a custom with all your options or a "standard" with the standard options, they're made in the same shop but they're made to order.

Comment

Ah. Now I understand.

Comment

yeah its BS, BCRich hasnt been BCRich since like 86/87. thats when they almost stopped Neck thru customs to keep up with the rat race of the hot rod strats, ST-3's gunslingers. if you know about BCRich #'s the last 3-4 years 1986-90 (prior to Class axe)they produced less than 1000 neckthrus. when prior to that they were making 2-3000 a year. thats sad, BCRichs should IMHO be 24 5/8" neckthrus with SOLID wood wings. not the lookalike crap they are making now. HHI cant even get the shapes right IMO....shallow cut bich with a quad bridge....WRONG.

Comment

Working...
                              X