Agile 2500 Goltop w/Humbuckers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agile 2500 Goltop w/Humbuckers

Ok, finally got a couple of pics of my new Agile 2500-H Goldtop (humbucker), so here y'ar [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Agile 2500 Goltop w/Humbuckers

Newc...it looks good mate.......now Newcenstien that mutha.
    [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Congrats on the new guitar Newc. How are you liking it? My Agile Les Paul was really pretty cool - great fit and finish, nice feeling neck, kinda mediocre pickups. One problem with it - and it's a big one - I couldn't play the thing in tune. Not even a freakin' 'E' chord could be played in tune. Nobody else that played it could play it in tune either. I suppose that being a fretless might have had something to do with that [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm still eyeballing a few Agiles though.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

What do you mean <font color="yellow"> Tim </font> did it come that way or did you order it that way? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

She's sweet Newc!!

Tim, I got my Agile 2500 15 months ago and I have never had a problem with the tuning.
          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            What do you mean <font color="yellow"> Tim </font> did it come that way or did you order it that way? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It did come that way and I did order it that way [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

They sold fretless cherry burst Les Paul copies for a while. I sold the guitar a while back. I'm thinking of buying it back from the guy.

http://hackolutions.com/gear/oldgear...less/agile.htm

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              She's sweet Newc!!

Tim, I got my Agile 2500 15 months ago and I have never had a problem with the tuning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reread my post - it's a FRETLESS guitar [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

DOH!!! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
                Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

I have an Agile 2500 DC but I haven't gotten around to modding it yet.

I wanted the AmberFlame but they were out of them and were selling the last few CFS finish ones (and I thought they were getting rid of them for good, or ready to butcher the horn like the regular 2500) so I took the plunge, and I am glad I did! It is sweet and with a good setup it can be a fine player. I think I will turn this into a Les Paul Classic DC clone.

Comment

There's not really anything I'd mod on it except the hardware - no paint, inlays, etc etc for this one [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    I inspected the frets a bit closer and it does appear the 16th fret is either too tall or it's lifting in the center (maybe not seated properly?)
                    There's some major scuffing on the 21st fret under the top strings as well, so questionable fretwork is to be expected.

I might try tapping the fret down with a hammer (GENTLY!) or go at it with the Dremel's grinding wheel LIGHTLY tomorrow.

I would change the pickups, but after removing them I find that I have a total of ZERO screws that will fit the near-dozen spares I have [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

StewMac here I come [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

What kind of screws do you need? Are you replacing the mounting ring screws or just the pickups?I figured the Agile humbucker height screws are the standard 3-48 threaded by 1 1/4"?

Comment

It's the height screws. The Agile screws are thicker than what I need, and I've got a handful of gold screws from somewhere (I hope not from StewMac) that won't fit the HZs in my WRMG, the Duncan Designeds, or the Gibson Dirty Fingers, or the Dimarzio SuperD, or any others I have [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Ah well, I got an order in to StewMac that should be here Tuesday, maybe they'll be the right size.

Newc

Comment

Thats a nice looking guitar, hows it sound?

ox

Comment

Sounds a lot better now that it's got an HB102 in the bridge and a DiMarzio double-creme SuperD in the neck [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I woulda put them in vice versa but the HB102's wire wasn't long enough to reach the controls from the neck position [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, I'll replace the nut with a graphite one at a later date. I also ordered a replacement bridge from StewMac but for some unknown reason manufacturers won't pick a damn standard and stick to it so the post holes are different sizes, as well as the inserts [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Upon closer examination of the frets, it seems they're bending all the frets to the same radius, just cutting them different lengths to go further up the neck, thus the higher frets stick up in the middle because the radius is out.

Newc

Comment

I want one [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X