Mutts on parade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mutts on parade

Finally finished a couple of projects and present them now for your viewing (dis)pleasure.

Jackson body that was my first attempt at a refin, didn't turn out too bad and now I know what it takes. The Dimarzio v-trem sounds great and stays in tune. BL 500XL and a Lil'59. Pickup bezel and trem bar by Budman-- his parts rock!

Mighty Mite maple body with a Warmoth neck, brass v-trem, and a Custom 5/Budman bezel. Damn thing weighs 11 lbs...

Re: Mutts on parade

DAMMIT! I was hoping to finally see a Pomeranian/Great Dane mix!!!

Oh well, pretty good looking axes there! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Looks cool to me [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Looks killer! Yeah, that refin thing can be a pain in the ass...makes paying somebody $200 to spray it sound good, huh?

What tuners did you use on the maple boat anchor?

Steve E

Comment

You do nice work! I like the boat anchor.

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

anchors aweigh! Great pair, you do good work [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Yes, it is rather bright sounding, but nothing that an EQ tweak won't fix. I was going for the "25th Anniversary Charvel" look, but didn't like the stainless steel saddles. Plus the fact that the body isn't Cherryburst...next project maybe!

Comment

The tuners on the "anchor" are locking Schallers. (locks from the top) I played it (standing) yesterday for awhile, at least until my shoulder went numb.

Comment

Originally posted by Swillmaster:
                  The tuners on the "anchor" are locking Schallers. (locks from the top) I played it (standing) yesterday for awhile, at least until my shoulder went numb.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nice [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] How does it sound? Is it really bright?

Steve E

Comment

Nice-looking guitars. I especially like the boat anchor with the maple neck and the glossy finish. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                    X