trade problem... give me a hand what to decide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trade problem... give me a hand what to decide

well, I have a little problem. I have a Ibanez JPM100P4 that I am selling (it is collecting dust since I have my model 6) and I wanted to get some $$ so I could get myself another 6 or a Jackson of some sort. I put it up for sale in the Netherlands and got 2 reactions. one guy wanted to give me money, but didn't say how much (it was up for €850) and another guy wanted it to trade for a EMBB Axis Sport (non trem version, natural ash body, 2 HB rosewood fretboard). The guy with the money did not return a mail after I mailed him. The other guy still wants a trade.

now I am tempted to do it, because EBMM guitars are generally better guitars than my JPM. but it lacks 2 frets and worse, it has no tremolo (compared to what I am familiar with: superstrats). on the other hand, it is a really great guitar, I know it to sound really good, so I am having some problem what to decide. It is not likely I will sell my JPM... and it is doing nothing but standing in my room, which is a shame of course, so has anyone opinions?

Harrald

Re: trade problem... give me a hand what to decide

Well, you need $$ to buy another Jackson. If you feel the EBMM is a hotter commodity than your dusty Ibanez, make the trade, then put the EB up for sale, thereby attracting more offers. Forget that loser buyer that isn't returning your mail.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

seems the "buy guy" still wants it... I hope I can get a shot on the Rhoads Pro in the classifieds section [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Harrald

Comment

Check Ebay for 2 P4s that sold recently - one for $899, one for $810 ($899 was ended to sell to the highest bidder at the current price).

Meanwhile, EBMM Axis Sports don't really come up on Ebay (A Super Sport with a v-trem got up to $900+, but another barely got over $350, and several others appear to have gone for $600-$700).

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

the axis sports usually go for around $600 on ebay. they are awesome guitars, but have low resale value.

Comment

thanks guys for the input. I did not go for the trade and thank goodness the guy who wanted to buy it contacted me again and seems to be really having his will set on that guitar, so I will most likely sell it.

Harrald

Comment

Working...
            X