New Charvel Pointies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Charvel Pointies

Has anyone seen any specs on the Std USA "Select" pointys are? I mostly concerned about the neck width at the nut and the dimensions. I don't know if they are going to be different than the 25th and the Bull. How will the be priced? Similar to a DK-1 or SL?

I am debating going with a GMW or one of the new Charvies.

Thanks for the help.

Re: New Charvel Pointies

I've not seen these yet, and they are not on the website. where can i see 'em?

Comment

This belongs in the General or Charvel sections - this section is for discussing guitars not bearing the Charvel or Jackson logos.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, Newc's right. This belongs in the USA Charvel area.

Despite what the price list shows (1 & 3/4), we were told the actual nut width will be the standard 1 & 11/16ths for pointyheads.

I was also told that they are copying the neck profile from a SD Charvel that one of the guys in the custom shop owns. So, hopefully, that will be correct, too. (...IMHO, they should have saved themselves some time, and just used the Bullseye Reissue necks. Those were true to the originals.)

As to pricing, see for yourself from the price list released after Winter NAMM:
        Charvel Price List

(Those are list prices, not actual "out the door" cost to the buyer.)

If you compare them to the Jackson price list, you'll find that they're very comparable. A little cheaper for the 'vels, depending on which options you pick. And, best of all, the Charvels are available with some options (choice of fretboards, upgrades for pickups and/or finishes) that are otherwise only available on custom shop orders. Hopefully, that continues after Summer NAMM.

Comment

MMMMMmmmm... Can't wait to try one.

Comment

Btw, 1 & 3/4" would be fantastic for me. The string spacing makes scalar work so much more comfortable to my hands.

Comment

Dohh! Wasn't paying attention when I posted!

Comment

Working...
              X