What guitar.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What guitar.....

Alright lads. Im after a guitar with binding, preferably neck through, for less than $500.
    Id ideally like an ebony fretboard and it to be nice.
    I dont want a Dinky or Soloist, cos I have a 650xl and I dont wanna just get the same guitar as that.
    Which are those decent Ibanez's? (joking aside [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )
    Am I gonna get one?
    I was after a Rhoads Pro but the ones I find just werent right for me so I was thinking maybe I didnt have enough money for one of them that I wanted...

Jamesy

Re: What guitar.....

check out schecter's diamond series. They are great looking, great sounding, and seem to be built like tanks. I can't mention any specific ones off the top of my head, but I believe you might be able to find one of the C-series for around that price. Good Luck.

Comment

Cheers man.
      What are the necks like on them?

James

Comment

not as thin as my charvels or HM strat, but thinner than my EPi LP. I would say they are chunky, but not huge. I have big hands, so things like this mean very little to me! I was looking at them online last night and they have a GORGEOUS tele type guitar with a flame top and two HB's. check out their site-it's very cool.

Comment

The C1-Elite has a great neck on it and mine plays like a dream. The only thing they are missing that you mentioned is the ebony board.

Comment

Jamesy, I was in my local music shop t'other day, which was full of all the usual cheap Epi/BC crap. However, I did see the new Ibanez SZ model, and I was shocked at how good that is for the money! Check'em out - there must be a dealer near you.

Comment

Snoogans: My thought was exactly the same! I tried the SZ520 and it seemed very nice, didn't get to play it for very long though... It sustained great and seemed well crafted!

Anders
              https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Cheers guys. Ive looked into those Schecters and they seem a little uninspiring from what Ive seen (web-wise and real life). Didnt get to play one though. See Ive got a string through dinky in the making so I also dont want a guitar too similar to that! Im so awkward [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ill read into these SZ250... Is that a Sabre (thing one)? I don't know my Ibanez model numbers...

Thanks guys

Jamesy

Comment

Nah, they're thicker than the Sabres. They've got the mahogany body, maple top (except for the 320 MAH), 25 inch scale, set neck, rosewood fretboard and string through. The only thing keeping me from seriously looking at one is the fact that they're Korean made. It's the whole stigma thing for me. I'll get over it soon enough. It took me a while to warm up to the Japanese guitars as well.

Comment

SZ320 and SZ520 are cool. As is a preowned RG3120 (usually around $650 or so).
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Working...
                    X