Low Gibson Explorer prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Low Gibson Explorer prices

the originals and 76's have large necks the 80's are smaller. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Really? I played an Explorer years ago that had a ridiculously thin neck.

Ah well, anyway [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

And that Explorer Pro makes me laugh every time I see it: if you poke through the Archived Discussions at the Gibson Guitars Forum you might find a few mockups and threads I posted a few years ago saying that Gibson should offer the Explorer and V in Custom, Standard, and Junior models like the LP and SG, with the same fretboard/inlay options, and lose the damn pickguards [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Couple of years later, Matthias Jabs is grinning with his "new" Gibson Custom Shop model - an Explorer with an ebony board, MOP blocks, and a solid top [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ah well, at least they listened (they coulda sent me one, dammit [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

THESE ARE THE REAL DEAL AND THEIR HISTORIC CUSTOM SHOP COUNTERPARTS........courtesy dave's in wisconsin. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

1959burst - I'm drooling! Beautiful Gibbies. Which ones are the custom shops and which ones are the real ones - and what year are the real ones?

I have two explorers, an '89 Heritage Cherry and a new, natural '76 RI limited edition (it has gold hardware). The natural has become, if its a large stage, my main gig guitar. I'd also like to check out an Explorer Pro in black. No one seems to have one.

Comment

pretty easy to tell, look for the tarnished hardware! the v and explorer are 58's the les paul is a 59.

Comment

Thanks 1959burst - you can really see the difference in the older woods in the original ones.

Comment

Working...
              X