HAMER GUITAR QUESTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAMER GUITAR QUESTION

What can anyone tell me about the Hamer Diablo guitars.Are they any good?How do they play?Thanks Paul

Re: HAMER GUITAR QUESTION

Paul, great guitars. Bolt-on maple neck,alder body, 25.5 scale, 24 fets, 25.5 scale, medium frets, rosewood board on most, some had the maple board option, 2 SD Humbuckers direct mounted, Schaller Floyd, medium rounded neck, most had the reverse headstock, some latter ones had regular headstocks. Good ones with case go between $300-400 used, very good value. Jack.

Comment

Hey Jack,Whats up brother?Thanks for all the info.Are they 1 11/16 nut?How do they play and feel compared to a Jackson?Paul

Comment

Hey Jack,Whats up brother?Thanks for all the info.Are they 1 11/16 nut?How do they play and feel compared to a Jackson?Are they hand made or one of there farted out assembly line models?Paul

Comment

Yuo know what, I think they are 1 5/8 at the nut stock. They play similar to a Jackson, but i don`t like medium frets, but the quality is top notch for the money. I had a 1993 in Aztec Gold and black hardware, but traded her for a set-neck Hamer, I prefer set-necks and neck-thrus. Jack.

Comment

i have a stock '94 diablo with maple board, jb & 59 pickups. it's the best sounding rock and metal guitar i've ever tried. i a/b'd it against two stock USA jacksons thru a VHT and it beat them hands down. they look like ass so they're an unbeatable value. make sure you get a USA and not a Korean version.

Comment

My brother has a USA Diablo, early `90s I believe, that he got for pretty cheap a couple years back. It was his first Floyd-equipped guitar. Plays really nice, but the sound is WAY too bright. His is a trans green with rosewood board, which I believe has either an alder or maple body, and it's very treble-heavy with the stock JB humbuckers. Still a great guitar for the price, but he's switched to a neck-thru Charvel with a Duncan Distortion as his main axe.
              sigpic

Comment

I had a Centaura and I LOVED it! Built like a tank! It had a shitty Floyd clone but everything else was top notch..
                The neck was amazing!

Comment

The USA Centaura used the Floyd 2 Trem, aka schaller Trem with the short pins, that is what it should have had? Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by kickaxeguitars:
                    I had a Centaura and I LOVED it! Built like a tank! It had a shitty Floyd clone but everything else was top notch..
                    The neck was amazing!
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">so why did you get rid of it if I may ask?
                    there are three non-jackson guitars I'd ever like to buy and a Centaura is one of them. They're hard to find though

Comment

Working...
                    X